To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbridge, VA 22191
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Computer Support Specialist
Northern Virginia Community College • Woodbridge, VA
Posted 29 days ago
Position Summary Information
Work with the IT Manager\Supervisor to provide appropriate technology training to students. Oversee the daily coordination and functioning of the open computer lab. Maintain the working order of lab equipment and supplies, which may include troubleshooting both hardware and software and making appropriate recommendations regarding repair.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists and provides training to students regarding the use of supported software applications and hardware.
• Provides training for student lab assistants
• Maintains supplies for lab equipment (e.g., paper, printer toner) and
• Maintains lab equipment in working order.
• Coordinates and/or performs software installations, diagnostics, and upgrades.
• Writes technical documentation for software and hardware use (how to upload files to the internet, etc.)
• Train and walk students, faculty or staff through how to connect to wi-fi, add email, college app or software installation or basic computer troubleshooting quick fixes.
• Complete general admin work as requested.
• Answer Helpdesk Line and put in tickets as needed.
• Run diagnostic programs to determine the causes of Computer issues and help resolve problems hardware and software problems.
High school diploma or equivalent
or an equivalent combination of training and experience in the information systems field. Experience using Microsoft products, and software, and experience providing IT support.
Flexible working hours: Daytime, Evening and Weekend Availability.
A+ certification with knowledge and experience in troubleshooting complex issues.
coursework in computers/information systems technology.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Outstanding English composition and grammar skills; technical skills and knowledge of microcomputers and Microsoft products; Excellent presentation and public speaking skills; excellent interpersonal skills;ability to communicate and work effectively with students, faculty and staff; flexible and team-oriented; ability to handle difficult situations or irate customers while working independently; ability to work with a culturally diverse population; Knowledge of how computers, computer hardware, computer software, and peripheral equipment work; ability to troubleshoot computer and software problems to include: replacement of hardware components, installation and installation of software, and configure software and network connections; excellent knowledge of operating systems and variety of software applications. Dependability in following schedules and procedures.Demonstrated knowledge of PCs, LANs, software and email applications, and PC and network hardware.
Operation of a State Vehicle
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.