Minnesota Energy Resources Corporation (MERC), a subsidiary of WEC Energy group is seeking an Engineer - Gas Engineering (Associate Engineer/Engineer/Senior Engineer) for Rosemount, MN.
The Engineer is responsible for engineering activities related to gas distribution and gas system design. Provide technical support to ensure the safe operation of the gas distribution system, and also provide technical support for other work groups for design requirements, material and equipment needs, construction activities and training. The position is in the Gas Operations Engineering group .
The principal duties include:
*Provide engineering support for the design, assignment of materials, and construction of gas distribution mains and services.
*Support establishment of gas construction work packages for new and replacement projects including the specific design, permitting, material procurement, construction procedures, emergency action plans and forecasts for project costs.
*Serve as the engineering liaison for field operations.
The successful candidate will be required to support gas system and field operations after normal business hours occasionally.
This is a job family posting (Associate Engineer/Engineer/Sr Engineer), experience will be the determining factor.
* Candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree in engineering.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential.
* Strong analytical capabilities are required.
* Candidates must be willing to travel to other work sites and be willing to be called in during off hours if a problem arises.
* Applicants must comply with D.O.T. Part 199 pipeline drug and alcohol testing requirements.
* Must possess a valid driver's license and meet the company's requirements for driving.
* A professional engineering license in the state of Minnesota is desirable.
* Knowledge of SCADA a plus.
* Experience in construction and field practices as well as design, operation, maintenance and repair of natural gas distribution facilities is desirable.
* Additional preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate experience and knowledge in project management, planning, financial budgeting and report writing.
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at URL blocked - click to apply
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class. URL blocked - click to apply