Apex Systems is seeking a Network Engineer to add to our team of IT professionals. The Network Engineer will work for and under the general direction of the Project Manager to support operations and maintenance of our customer’s network infrastructure and enterprise network solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting, installing, implementing, and administering network systems.
- Providing Tier III support.
- Analyzing capacity issues and developing capacity planning models as directed.
- Ensuring planned testing activities are executed.
- Developing network security guidelines. This includes administration, monitoring, change management, configuration, release management, provisioning, security, performance and capacity planning, and incident and disaster recovery functions.
- Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
- Provides network system design and implementation support.
- Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Plans, monitors, and installs of network components including voice (VoIP), video, and data.
- Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves network problems.
- Analyzes facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies to develop capacity planning models.
- Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provides network planning recommendations to management.
- Ensures that the Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations (COOP) sites are maintained and ready for use at all times to include documented procedures.
- Supports the COOP exercises by providing installation, setup, user support, and service desk support for the network switches, printers, faxes, and laptops before and during the exercises
- Keeps equipment at the DR site current with the latest patches, versions of software and identified special user software, and operating procedures (user laptop signing on, configuring email, printing, and accessing applications).
- Tests the DR site and all procedures periodically.
Education - Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. (Experience may be substituted for education.
- Six years of relevant IT work experience.
- Four years’ experience with Cisco enterprise grade products to include: Nexus 7000, 6500, 4500, ISR G2, ACE/GSS, ASA, IPS/IDS, TACACS+, TACLanes, CUCM, Meeting Place/WebEX, Anyconnect, VSOM/VSM, NAC.
- Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or Voice Professional (CCVP), or Wireless (CCNP Wireless), or Network Security (CCSP). Candidates who do not currently possess the CCNP certification, but meet all other minimum requirements, may be considered for this position. If selected, the candidate will be required to obtain the required certification within a twelve (12) month time period.
- Knowledge of enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as Netcordia NetMRI, Cisco MARS, Splunk, What’s Up Gold, Wireshark, Websense, MRTG, and NMAP.
- Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN, and NAC.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to provide a clear explanation of technology for nontechnical managers, directors, and above. Great people skills are a must.
- Ability to act as Senior Network Engineering in the absence of the SNE.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must be able to obtain and hold a TS/SCI clearance.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- CCNP, or CCVP, or CCNP Wireless, or CCSP AND the Design Professional (CCDP) Certifications.
- Knowledge of Cisco SRND/SAFE and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and other open source software to include BIND and Nessus.
- Familiarity with network, server, storage virtualization, i.e. MDS switching infrastructure, VSAN, VRF, VPN, and VMWare vSphere.
- Extensive experience with Cisco VoIP, including Call Manager 6.X, Unity, and Contact Center. Knowledge of voice TDM technologies is also very useful.
- Extensive experience with Cisco Unified Wireless networking to include: 802.11a, b, g, and n; LWAPP; CAPWAP; WCS; WLC; and APs.
- Advanced knowledge of IOS, NX-OS, EIGRP, BGP, GRE, and OSPF.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Network Planning And Design
Wide Area Networks
Local Area Networks
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 973259
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile