Amyx is seeking an experienced Program Manager to lead a large cloud migration effort for one of its DoD customers to work from a remote location. In this role, the PM will be responsible for overseeing a team of engineers who will be responsible for standing up a new cloud hosting environment (level 5), and then developing the project plan to migrate five or more unique DoD information systems (financial in function) into it (lift and shift.) Overall, the team will be responsible for provisioning Development, Test, Production and DR/COOP environments required for the design, development, test and implementation of the systems. The team will apply necessary patches deemed critical at OS level, provide monitoring for the core functions of availability, performance, and event management. The PM should have experience with monitoring of networks, systems and critical business services with real-time alerting, ticketing, notification and reporting capabilities. The candidate should provide comprehensive response services for servers, storage, network and security devices This service includes recording and tracking incidents, problems, and change activity in the hosting environment.
- Responsible for managing a team’s day to day activities to ensure the successful completion of all migration efforts.
- Will interface regularly with Government leadership (CIO, PM, Technical Lead) to communicate project status, risks, and any issues.
- Responsible for developing formal briefings on project status, develop reports (weekly and monthly), track project utilization (hours by resource), and provide general subject matter expertise in cloud migration strategies.
- Should be familiar with hosting concepts and considerations to include availability monitoring, utilization monitoring, network monitoring/utilization.
- Multiple: AWS, Azure Cloud Solutions
- OS Level: Linux, RHEL
- Software: Apache, Oracle
- Applications: IBM DB2, Websphere, Oracle, MS Active Directory, Hadoop for Analytics
- BS or BA with five years of related experience
- DoD Secret Clearance
- PMP Certification
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Deep experience with cloud hosting and migration strategies in the DoD and preferably at DLA
- Familiarity with IaaS concepts for applications to include COTS and GOTS.
Amyx is an Equal Opportunity employer. Amyx is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. Every qualified applicant receives focused consideration for employment and no one is discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Amyx complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Amyx is an E-Verify employer.
Amyx proudly and proactively takes affirmative action to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Infrastructure As A Service (Iaa S)
Amazon Web Services