To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Guest Relations Manager - Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts • Chicago, IL
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Recognized as one of the Best Hotels in the World and in Chicago with the Top Hotel Spa in the United States, the AAA-Five-Diamond Waldorf Astoria Chicago is nestled in the prestigious Gold Coast neighborhood among the famed Oak Street retailers and beach, Rush Street restaurants and nightlife, and The Magnificent Mile. Reminiscent of the grand Parisian hotels of the 1920s, this luxury hotel features 215 guest rooms and suites; 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, plus private dining rooms.
What will I be doing?
- The Guest Relations Manager will act as the "owner" of the guest database and will be responsible for helping to create the amenity calendar.
- Greeting and interacting with guests and assisting with guest requests.
- Assisting in the guest amenities program; and supporting the Director of Guest Services.
- They will ensure proper delivery of welcome and special occasion amenities.
- They will act as guardian of the VIP sequence of service for all guest services (arrival, departure, Concierge, housekeeping day use and turndown, amenities, IRD delivery) and will work closely with department heads and director of operation to ensure VIP focus is maintained across the hotel.
- It is their responsibility to ensure guest preferences are met while delighting and exceeding guest expectations. The Guest Relations Manager will identify potential VIPs prior to arrival.
- A working knowledge of hotel operations is needed for interdepartmental communication and coordination.
- A keen eye for detail is required to check all VIP arrival and occupied rooms.
- This position will meet, greet and escort VIP guests including curbside check-ins.
- They will ensure the guest is delighted and satisfied; upon arrival, during the stay and during a fond farewell.
- The Guest Relations Manager is the main point of contact for designated VIPs at least 3 days prior to arrival or as indicated by relationship sales managers' and Executive Committee.
- The Guest Relations Manager will monitor VIP guest satisfaction and maintain permanent contact with guests while they are on property.
- Responsible for reviewing daily Consortia arrivals and flagging as VIPs, coordinating amenities, ensuring proper room blocking, and handling any and all special requests in coordination with Director of Leisure Sales.
- Responsible for all items on an Entertainment Group's rider (amenity requests, specific setup requests, billing instructions, etc.) in coordination with the Director of Group & Entertainment Sales.
- Will be introduced as onsite/daily contact for select Entertainment Groups.
- Will assist Director of Group & Entertainment Sales in coordinating all Operational needs for Entertainment Groups (pre-key process, room blocking, ensuring all items in the group resume are covered, meet and greet of clients, if additional assistance is needed).
- Upon request, will join Sales Team on VIP site tours, client events, etc. to establish relationship and demonstrate VIP program to potential clients.
- Responsible for training initiatives with Ops Teams on Consortia programs, BT Own the Welcome, Forbes Standards, Top 100 Hilton, Top HH Guests, Mystery shop visits, etc
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!