Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 1 for LewisGale Montgomery Regional Hospital located in Blacksburg, VA. As one of the four partnering facilities that make up LewisGale Regional Health System, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery is a fully JCAHO-accredited general acute-care center providing medical, surgical, obstetrical, pediatric, emergency, orthopedic and outpatient services. With 146 beds, LGHM offers comprehensive healthcare for southwest Virginia and is enriched by the financial, technical and professional resources of HCA, the largest non-government hospital organization in the nation.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital: Catering, Retail menus, LTO’s, STG, Mindful, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- FMS: monitoring, Audits, implementation and standardization for new menus;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- Gold Check audits: conduct audits, create action plans based on audit findings. Responsible for keeping and updating GC audit books;
- Procurement: Work with vendors on procurement items. Responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
- continue sustainability program with the direction of Director of Culinary Operations;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and patient services; and/or
- create interpersonal relationships with clients in hospital.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- high end catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts;
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- creative and effective problem-solving and project management skills;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits; and/or
- E.C. (Certified Executive Chef) a plus.
Learn more about [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Executive Chef 1
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Executive Chef 1.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.