To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Structural Engineer Senior Professional: JSC
PAE • Houston, TX
Posted 19 days ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldStructural Engineer Senior Professional: JSC
Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
- Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
- Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
- Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Purpose of the position
Will perform assigned structural engineering senior professional duties as a PAE employee onsite at the NASA Johnson Space Center. Responsible for providing structural engineering support in the planning, designing, and modification, of existing NASA facilities/buildings.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position
- Performs structural analyses utilizing loads produced.
- Analyzes using sound engineering principles and computerized analytical tools to identify and ensure structural integrity of building structures.
- Prepares documentation/studies, report of analysis, structural assessments and margins of safety.
- Provides structural engineering designs to include layout, detail, assembly and installation drawings as appropriate for components and/or subcomponents of building facilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, Architectural Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license/certification preferred
- Ten (10) years of structural engineering experience working with facilities and infrastructures.
- Experience working with structural and civil engineering theory, practices and procedures
- Experience working with applicable design standards and procedures (e.g.; AISC/ACI, D1.1, structural design procedures)
- Experience working with structure related design for building modifications.
- Experience working with machining operations, joint design, ply stacking sequencing, corrosion/galvanic compatibility and basic composite manufacturing processes
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
- Clean, neat, and professional personal appearance.
- Will insure quality and completeness of work in a safe and timely manner as well as insuring areas worked are clean, neat and ready for customers needs when complete.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
- Skills using RISA-3D, ENERCALC, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and MathCAD
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Office Suite, including Outlook for all office communications.
- Organization and time management skills to maintain project deadlines
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members, vendors and contractors
- Communication skills to interact with internal and external personnel and to avoid delays in reaching a technical solution.
- Ability to work in a dynamic multi-tasking, fast paced environment.
- Dexterity to operate office equipment as required by the position.
- Prior knowledge of NASA site, experienced with working on government installations preferred.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.