PrideStaff is recruiting for a company in the Hazelwood Logistics/Missouri Bottom Road area that specializes in manufacturing and servicing recycling equipment. Our client is looking to fill two Mechanical Service Technician positions immediately!
The Service Technician provides troubleshooting and repair of industrial machinery including electrical, hydraulics, and some welding. The Technician will travel to customer's locations to service equipment; most clients are in the immediate St. Louis area, but the job will include occasional out-of-town work two to three nights a month with expenses paid and per diem provided. This is a direct hire position. Salary starts at $18-22/hour, depending on experience, with overtime available and additional pay for travel.
- Provides troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of industrial machinery incl electrical, hydraulic, and some welding.
- Reads and interprets electrical and hydraulic schematics including basic programmable logic controller knowledge.
- Reads operation and service manuals and performs maintenance and repair based on information provided.
- Tests faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test equipment.
- Calibrates, adjusts, and repairs electrical and hydraulic components and systems.
- Reads programmable logic controller programs and make adjustments.
- Completes service reports properly and other paperwork required by the company.
- Communicates and interacts well with customers, vendors, managers, and fellow employees.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form.
Two to four years related experience and/or training
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Class C or commercial driver's license