The Managing Director of Recruiting for On Call Counsel is responsible for the development of the Legal Staffing practice within the TemPositions Group of Companies. In this role the Managing Director of Recruiting will actively develop new business and expand our client base within law firms and corporate law departments for the placement of temporary, contract and direct hire Attorneys, Paralegals and Legal Support roles. Duties include interviewing, networking, interfacing with C-level clients and other hiring authorities to market and place top-tier candidates. In addition, the Managing Director of Recruiting will be responsible for hiring, training and developing a staff of sales and recruiting personnel. This position includes P&L responsibility.Responsibilities:
- Business Development
- Proactively develop new business within law firms and corporate law departments
- through target account management.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their talent needs and consult on how best
to attract and hire the talent they seek.
- Translate client needs to the recruitment team for fulfillment.
- Join legally focused professional associations to network within the industry.
- Cross sell other TemPositions Group of Companies’ specialty divisions.
- Work with Recruiting Manager to ensure that clients’ needs are met, and open roles
- Network and source to identify top talent in the marketplace.
- Conduct in-person interviews, recruit and place top-tier professionals in direct hire positions.
- Operations & Administration
- Utilize technology tools effectively.
- Create & deliver marketing campaigns.
- Full P&L responsibility.
- Assure proper documentation of calls and activities.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manage a team of sales and recruiting personnel.
- Hire, train and develop staff.
- Coach and develop the team.
- KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS:
- Sales & Recruiting Focus
- Understand TemPositions/On Call Counsel and our points of difference.
- Manage target accounts and execute business development plan.
- Source, prospect and plan daily call.
- Execute customer service and quality assurance program.
- Demonstrate time management and organization skills.
- Meet minimum production activity requirements / KPI stats.
- Demonstrate local market knowledge.
- REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Service Orientation
- Consistently meet the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Provide timely, responsive follow-up; ensure that all are treated in a fair and respectful manner; talk and act with customers in mind.
- Sales Acumen
- Grow sales and client base through proactive business development activities.
- Demonstrate excellent client presentation and negotiating skills.
- Team Participation and Collaboration
- Work well and cooperatively with others.
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with others in the organization.
- Balance the team’s objectives with your own.
- Technical/Functional Knowledge
- Demonstrate legal industry knowledge or functional expertise within the legal industry.
- Apply your skills and business knowledge to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Delivering quality work and pay attention to all relevant details.
- Actively works to improve yourself.
- Effective Communication
- Communicate oral and written information accurately, concisely in a form appropriate
for the target audience.
- Provide information others need to know to do their jobs.
- Listen to others and respond professionally with timely and accurate information.
- Drive for Results
- Challenge the organization and yourself to excel and achieve results.
- Deliver results.
- Time Management, Planning and Executing
- Work with Manager to set clear personal goals and objectives.
- Keep track of critical information, schedules and deadlines.
- Work efficiently and contribute innovative and effective suggestions for improving work.
- SKILLS, EDUCATION &/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience highly recommended.
- 5 years sales & recruitment or legal industry experience
- 3 years of management experience
- D. strongly preferred
- Staffing industry experience is strongly preferred but not essential, however proven record of success hiring legal professionals is required
- Ability to build high-level relationships with professionals up to C-level client contacts
- Self-motivated and possess a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach to work
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a fast-paced dynamic atmosphere
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality and fearless attitude
- Strong computer proficiency. MS Office Suite. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
CERTIFICATES &/OR LICENSES:
- None required
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: Temp_20190903094025_1041661
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.