To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Falls Church, VA
- HITT Contracting
- Phone: 703-289-9215
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Construction Superintendent - Healthcare
HITT Contracting • Falls Church, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Commercial Construction Superintendent
A Superintendent (Supt.) directs the work flow of the project on site consistent with the project schedule and HITT safety and quality standards. The Supt. provides leadership and serves as the liaison between project team members to promote the interest of both the business and clients in all matters, as well as demonstrate the characteristics of a mid-level leader. Supt.s communicate project priorities to site staff and all subcontractors, serving as the primary leader on site for the construction project.
- Understanding and administering the HITT safety program to include all subcontractors, ensuring that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assisting in safety inspections by outside agencies
- Maintain HITT quality standards for all aspects of the project
- Serve as the leader for all on site safety, managing a safe jobsite for all involved
- Maintain daily log of all activities and site conditions, while managing the punch list and closeout process through owner/architect acceptance
- Work with the project manager in formulating project schedule, ensuring that the proper methods and sequence of installation are followed, making and following through with schedule commitments, and maintaining HITT quality standards
- Maintain good working relationships with all subcontractors on the project, developing relationships within the community which enhance business opportunities, and ensuring subcontractors are treated fairly
- Ensure complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets, understanding subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identifying problems early and act immediately to provide solutions
- Develop and organize the site team, arranging for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and identifying long lead items that need to be expedited
- Collaborate with the project manager and site operations team throughout the life of the project
- High school diploma required, four-year degree from an accredited university within the construction, engineering, or business concentrations strongly preferred
- 5+ years' experience in commercial construction, including experience with a commercial general contractor
- Tenant renovations, service work, work in occupied spaces, weekend work, fast paced project experience all a plus
- Mastery of building processes and best practices
- Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results
- Project lead experience preferred
- Previous experience in a superintendent or project lead experience preferred
- Ability to master sector/project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite (ex. Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), ProCore, Adobe, BlueBeam,
- OSHA 30 Certification preferred
- Ability to walk and/or stand for long periods of time and the ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to:
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, with a strong focus on audience appropriate business writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and passion for construction and our industry
- Gather data, interpret it into meaningful information, and relay that information through clear, concise communication strategies; ability to see how pieces and processes fit into and affect the bigger picture/business model
- Organize and manage tasks and priorities
- Demonstrate integrity consistently with The HITT Way and HITT's core values
- Seek continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities, internal focus on self-improvement
- Adapt and exercise flexibility with the ever-changing world of technology, design, means and methods
- Collaborate with people of various backgrounds and styles
- Create and maintain relationships with colleagues, clients, subcontractors, and vendors
- Exhibit respectfulness by being punctual, engaged/focused, and respectful of others
HITT Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.