Supports the Director Global Education to ensure the quality of all assigned education programs, F2F and online eLearning, domestic and international, by focusing on and meeting customer needs using past evaluations; identifying clear learning objectives that reflect adult education principles; managing all aspects of curriculum design and development; securing faculty of high quality that meet customer needs; providing useful resource materials, including accurate slide decks and other materials as appropriate; and completing continuing education documentation in a timely and accurate way as required. Facilitates and coordinates all activities associated with the planning, development, delivery and ongoing evaluation of assigned education programs which may include national conferences, seminars, online courses, and other educational modalities. Ensures that all assigned education programs meet Net Promoter Score targets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the Director Global Education and other senior leaders, this position is to provide excellent education programs, F2F and online eLearning by facilitating and coordinating all aspects of curriculum design and development, using sound adult education principles; developing educational offerings that meet customer needs; formulating goals and objectives for education products across accreditation services and educational delivery methods related to standards, corporate initiatives and survey process as well as patient safety and quality initiatives; designing program formats; supporting the development of curriculum; and evaluating faculty and program effectiveness in achieving stated goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with Education Production Project Managers and Meeting Planners regarding logistics of events (locations, food and beverage, meeting space layout, and the like) and the development of high-quality educational materials (slide decks, supplementary readings, handouts, and the like) that need to be reproduced as well as posted on the website.
- Facilitate the education planning committee to select program faculty. Monitors and evaluates faculty performance at education programs. Releases unsatisfactory faculty assignments as necessary, in consultation with JCR management.
- Conducts ongoing customer needs assessments for assigned programs/topic areas; monitors competitor offerings; stays current on subject matter content and educational medium opportunities for JCR education; and stays abreast of adult learning principles and education industry trends.
- Manages and sustains relationships with outside faculty members to professionally represent TJC and JCR during planning and delivering an event. Faculty may include Joint Commission Enterprise board members and/or representatives of external professional organizations as necessary to maintain an open communication process in program development and building corporate relationships.
- Ensures that customer satisfaction with assigned education programs is measured and monitored and makes appropriate improvements to assigned education programs to reach Net Promoter Score goals.
- Ensures that all education programs offer appropriate continuing education (CE) credits and that all necessary steps are taken in the planning and delivery processes to meet CE accrediting body requirements, including instructional plan design, appropriate and timely CE documentation, and incorporation of adult learning principles and needs assessment.
- Travels to assigned education events, as necessary, serving as education program facilitator. Provides back up for other program managers in PER as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, health care administration, public health, or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years experience in a health care and/or adult education setting, and experience in adult education, instructional design, and/or other learning media (for example, computer-based training, distance learning, etc.).
- Ability to learn technology such as Zoom, Adobe Connect, WebEx, GoToWebinars, Event Learning App, Learning Management System and other new learning technologies
- Ability to learn Backoffice systems such as Webstore (ecommerce), Salesforce (CRM) and Qualtrics (Customer Survey) systems and Microsoft Suite
- Demonstrated leadership in planning, organization, oral presentation, written communication skills, and problem solving.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and teams in a highly complex organization. Team player.
- Ability to simultaneously manage a number of varied and changing projects and priorities successfully.
- Willingness to travel, for slight-to-heavy demands, including overnight and weekends. Travel is limited and will be availably post covid. Up to 15%
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification due to business needs and/or reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Learning Management Systems
Complex Problem Solving