RCMT Energy Services is seeking to hire an experienced Electrical Engineer to join its team in Oakland, NJ or Pennsauken, NJ or Woodbury, NY.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of utility design with minimal guidance from other experienced engineers and must be both willing and able to provide guidance to other engineers and designers. Responsibilities will include detail design of high voltage utility substations (4kV-500kV), generating stations and related facilities; and to a lesser extent will work on projects involving other industrial/commercial and residential jobs. The successful candidate will prepare one-line diagrams, control and relaying schematics, wiring diagrams, SCADA, communications, conduit and cable sizing/routing, substation layout, etc. This position may also include performing design calculations and develop coordination studies and relays settings in accordance with industry standards such as IEEE, NEC, NESC, etc. as well as working within client specific standards which will vary from client to client, as well as work with within industry accepted standards. Perform QA/QC design checks. Assist with design efforts for electric utility substation/generation physical and wiring/control/protection packages, by preparing drawings, sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials and any other required documents and/or reports. Utilize various client information systems to retrieve information and to deliver design packages. Ability to work on Fire protection/detection packages, Lighting design, and support of power and controls to mechanical systems such as pumps, HVAC, etc... Travel to client sites as needed to perform job functions such as, but not limited to acquiring field data necessary to prepare the appropriate design. The candidate will be assigned to act as a project engineer on some projects. As a project engineer a successful candidate will need to coordinate the design and engineering activities with other disciplines such as Civil, Structural, Mechanical and other Engineering disciplines and Architects. This position reports to the Electrical Engineering Manager in Oakland, NJ.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree (BS or BE) in Engineering in Electrical Engineering, preferably with a concentration in Power Systems.
- 20+ years of experience in Engineering, Design, or related work experience in Utility Grade power systems including substations, transmission, generation, relay protection, etc. and/or Electrical system design of industrial and commercial buildings, or other Utilities such as water, sewage, Gas or Oil facilities.
- Working knowledge of the NEC, NESC, NEMA, ANSI and IEEE codes.
- Ability to create new, and to revise One Line drawings, Relay Protection Diagrams, and AC/DC Schematic and Wiring drawings.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, apply individual judgment, initiative and decision making.
- Shows strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with clients, vendors and the public at large.
- Must be computer proficient with Microsoft Office software products.
- Highly Proficient in the use of engineering analysis software such as ETAP, SKM, Easy Power, AMPCalc, Cymecap, and/or similar applications.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to drive to client sites and between branch offices. Nationwide and International Travel may be required from time to time. Expected travel time approx. 5-10% and can vary over time.
- Must have a PE License in the United States and the willingness to obtain a PE in additional states as necessary.
- US Citizen or the ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Advanced degrees Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, or related field(s)
- Certifications: PMP, LEED-AP, CFPS.
- A completed Model Law NCEES record is a plus.
- Inter-disciplinary Engineering Experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of New York City Department of Building filing requirements a plus.
- Testing, Commissioning or Start-up Experience.
- Construction Supervision and field support services experience.
- Business needs may cause RCMT to cancel or delay filling this position at any time during the candidate selection process.
- Ability to work in Oakland, NJ is highly preferred; consideration will be given to candidate to work out of Pennsauken, NJ or Woodbury, NY. These two locations will require occasional travel to Oakland, NJ.
Competitive Salary offered, along with benefits such as 401k, Stock Purchase Plan, Health, Dental and more. Salary and Title are commensurate with experience.
Please send resume to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior / Principal Engineer - Electrical Engineering
RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define implement and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America.
RCMTechnologies, (USA) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. RCMT encourages applicants of all ages.