To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winona, MN 55987
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Supply Chain
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Winona, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Director, Supply Chain The Director, Supply Chain plans, organizes and directs all subcontract and procurement matters for the Minnesota Division (both Rochester and Winona locations). This position may have responsibility for 1-2 other small Division’s procurement activities as well.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Strong negotiating and partnering skills
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication
- Effective analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrate ability to maintain strict confidences
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to make sound business decisions
- Effective interpersonal skills, both internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to develop, lead and inspire teams
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
- Ability to exercise discretion and independently drive solutions to complex business issues
- Understanding of the total business operation to include material procurement, order entry, forecasting, manufacturing, invoicing, customer returns, inventory levels and on-time delivery
- Effective leader in change management
- Demonstrate effective risk management and project management skills
- Available for travel up to 25% of the time
- Lead, or at least participate in, a continuous improvement activity complete with documentation, including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Provide multiple site leadership in the execution and strategy development of materials procurement for multiple sites worldwide
- Coordinate material requirements to support product lines of assigned divisions
- Develop the plans required to complete the economic acquisition of components, subassemblies and equipment, keeping within the parameters of the prime contract, DAR and the Company’s policies and procedures
- Establish and direct material programs and projects that provide specialized material planning, surveillance, budgets and controls
- Plan and direct the coordination of Material Cost Inputs required to support proposals and present results to cognizant operation Divisions’ Management
- Foster and maintain a sound and reliable working relationship with all suppliers and respective management, resolving any major material problem that may arise
- Responsible for the development and achievement of Small Business and Small Disadvantaged Business Plans in accordance with P.L. 95-507
- Responsible for the selection, training, developing and reviewing of subordinates; Recommend hiring, termination and/or other change in status of subordinate personnel
- Oversee prioritization of assignments and plan, budget, organize and direct flow of work to meet both internal and external expectations
- Utilize Continuous Improvement principles and drive efficiencies and quality enhancements within department
- Lead staff through effective hiring, development, utilization, inspiration and counseling
- Implement company policies for Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity
- Ensure a work environment that will foster openness, commitment, discipline, career growth and both an internal and external customer focus
- Maintain a current best practice knowledge and deployment within Supply Chain management; Regularly participate in and utilize industry leading best practice resources to continually upgrade function and employees’ capabilities
- All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
8+ years of experience in commodity purchasing/planning; 8+ years in a leadership role; Experience in large volume, more complex purchasing accounts/commodities Multiple or Large sites (600+ employees and associated revenue/customer base)
4 Year Degree
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.