To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shepherdstown, WV 25443
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chef Manager - National Conversation Training Center
Aramark • Shepherdstown, WV
Posted 1 month ago
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
The Chef Manager will be responsible for culinary operations, including quality & cost control, staffing, training, safety, sanitation, and menu development with a focus on the use of fresh and sustainable foods. This position reports to the Food and Beverage Director. Shift Hours typically 9:00AM - 7:00PM, however, flexibility needed.
- Works directly with the entire Food and Beverage Management team to maintain a superior kitchen operation.
- Oversees all kitchen operations with an emphasis on attention to detail, food quality standards, proper staffing levels, and training of hourly staff.
- Develops daily menus that maximize the use of fresh foods, minimizes the use of processed foods, and offers a balance of healthy food choices including vegetarian and vegan options.
- Seeks out organic, local & sustainable food products that meet customer demand and client goals within budgetary parameters and Aramark guidelines.
- Implements and enforces quality control checks, ordering and inventory systems, and Dept. of Health code compliance.
- Maintains acceptable food cost as set forth by F&B Director and General Manager.
- Leads by example in all facets of F&B dept.
- Assists in department within parameters of the annual budget.
- Manages schedule and labor costs.
- Ensures that food inventory and product utilization meets or exceeds the expectations of both Aramark and NCTC Management.
- Oversees kitchen operation during dining hours and participates with production.
- Assists F&B Director with on-going discipline within the culinary staff in conjunction with the Human Resources dept.
- Ensures compliance with NCTC operational plans including but not limited to recycling, energy savings and Green Seal certification
- Establishes and maintains appropriate cycle menus.
- Maintains an exceptional sanitation level.
- Maintains a safe work environment
- Ideal candidates should have a two year degree from a Culinary Arts School or Program from an accredited college
- Should possess at least three years of experience at the sous chef level or higher and in managing a kitchen staff
- Experience and training should be in the following areas for a food services operation that provides breakfast, lunch and dinner to approximately 250 guests per meal period: Food preparation and quality control, supervision and training, menu planning, nutrition, catering, budgeting, ordering and inventory
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran