Job Title: Product Development Engineer
Primary focus is on project management and execution of development & growth projects combined with providing engineering & manufacturing support as needed. Development & growth project execution will involve interaction with various levels of internal and external contacts for the successful completion of a developed project. Successful completion will include the development of viability, gathering of data, and development of data to a final format suitable to the successful completion of the project such as manufacturing, detailed drawings, support documentation, etc. Development will involve fieldwork (nationally & internationally) to sites, interactions with customers, vendors, various critical internal employees, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Education/Training/ Experience:
- Reverse engineering & design of components such as turbine blades, diaphragms, impellers, gears, valves, nozzles, casings, and various other components related within the power generation, turbomachinery, mechanical, marine, etc. industries.
- Reverse engineering & design of components outside of the turbine industry but could involve potential growth and manufacturing opportunities.
- Organization, development & archive of data for use on project research.
- Collection of data using a wide variety of methods ranging from observation, video/photo, hand tools, customer and OEM reports & documentation, laser & photogrammetry tools, PMI & testing devices, etc.
- Development & maintaining project schedules, reports, & task lists.
- Development of reversal data collected into a concise package to include models, drawings and other documentation in support of manufacturing & other activities.
- Checking of detail, preliminary, and raw material for technical compliance with existing design standard specifications and conformance to the body of standards, norms and specifications.
- Provide technical assistance during follow up reviews, discussions as well as manufacturing development in accordance with company design procedures for manufacturing of standard, new products and component upgrades.
- Support other business units by researching and providing official responses to requests for clarifications, configuration definition, design and manufacturing process changes, etc.
- Technical support and troubleshooting after sale & during production.
- Flexible work hours to meet opportunity windows for data collection.
- National and International travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent industry work experience in the turbine and / or reverse engineering fields.
- Minimum of seven (7) years direct work experience in reverse engineering of turbine and / or other turbomachinery components as well as manufacturing or operation of those components; experience in turbine components preferred.
- Strong customer focus, particularly with a view toward serving the end customer's needs.
- Creative problem solving skills for in field and development work.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, vendors and customers both written and verbal.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient experience with Photogrammetry, 3D scanning, 2D & 3D Solid Modeling. Siemens NX, AutoCAD & GOM preferred.
- Must be well versed with common computer programs such as MS-Office, etc.
- Strong abilities in engineering analysis, production control, and process optimization.
Research And Development