Our client near Arlington VA will be hiring an experience Mortgage Underwriter. The Mortgage Underwriter will perform all duties in accordance with our client’s policies, and all Federal and State regulations where the mortgages are sold.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for underwriting FHA, VA, and Conventional mortgage loans within company and industry guidelines
- Reviews and evaluates financial information to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet establishment and government standards.
- Coordinates with Loan Processor and Closer to ensure loan requirements are met
- Notifies loan production personnel of incomplete files to obtain appropriate information necessary to complete loan packages.
- Reviews the fees appraiser's reports for completeness and conformity with industry-accepted appraisal practices and techniques as well as all other FHA and VA requirements.
- Determines the reasonable value of the property and any conditions which must be met prior to VA guaranty of the loan.
- Maintains an updated knowledge of available mortgage loan programs.
- High School Degree is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum of three years of underwriting FHA, VA and Conventional mortgages is required
- Understanding of the responsibilities involved in the purchase and transfer of whole loan assets
- Strong knowledge of FHA and VA Guidelines.
- FHA, DE, and SAR Designation is preferred
- Experience in Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector Programs is required.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss this Mortgage Underwriter job opportunity.
Accounting and Finance Specialist Recruiter
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mortgage Loan Underwriter
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.