Manages a team of application developers and systems analysts. Ensures support for all business systems and technology for his or her domain. Acts as a Customer Relationship Manager between business units and IT regarding all technology-related issues. Builds and maintains strong client relationships. Follows the Project Management Methodology in delivering business value, including responsibility for functional management of resources and delivery of small enhancements, application lifecycle management, and management of vendor-supported applications.
- Ensures timely production system support.
- Manages the IT relationship with business partners.
- Manages the tactical deployment of IT system projects as assigned.
- Responsible for team delivery on time with high quality.
- Communicates business demands to IT and works with business stakeholders to set required priorities.
- Manages IT resource constraints and proactively communicate to resolve them.
- Assigns and monitors tasks assigned to staff according to priority.
- Manages and develops high performing team members through communication, feedback, coaching and completion of mid-year and year-end performance evaluations.
- Ensures compliance with the Bank's enterprise architecture.
- Ensures compliance with the Project Management Methodology (PMM) and collaborates closely with the Project Management Office on managing the Bank's portfolio of projects and enhancements.
- Manages departmental internal controls and regulatory issues act as the first line of defense.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Management, or related discipline.
- 7-10 years of experience working in a software development and/or application/systems integration environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in application management, including application lifecycle management, development, and/or project management.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience managing a team of technical professionals (functional management or equivalent with a technical lead experience).
- Experience in developing process improvements, and identifying systemic solutions to challenges.
- Proven ability to build and sustain an effective team of technical professionals capable of producing required outputs.
- Proven track record of successful project delivery.
The physical demands described here are generally representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle controls; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Some positions, including, but not limited to positions in Administrative Services, may be required to lift, move and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Employees in this position may travel periodically for work related activities, but it is not a regular part of the job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Project Management Office
Application Lifecycle Management