Kforce has a client in Fairfax, Virginia (VA) that is seeking an experienced Director of Accounting - Shared Services (Billing and Accounts Payable).
The ideal candidate will manage critical initiatives within the Corporate Finance & Accounting Department. This individual is responsible for providing the strategic recommendations in AR and AP/Expense Reporting, including rate variance analysis and invoicing, Contract Close-out areas, as well as Requisition to Pay including Expense management. This role will provide analysis in those areas using knowledge of best practices to drive improvement initiatives including data clean-up, system modifications and new process implementations while ensuring adherence to all regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e., GAAP, CAS, FAR, Sarbanes-Oxley).
Key responsibilities of the successful candidate will be to identify and drive actions to clean master and transactional data including unbilled balances, POs, vendors, and customers. In addition, this role would be integral in simplifying operational procedures by working cross-functionally with Contracts, Purchasing, Treasury, Revenue and Government Compliance, Project Accountants, Project Controllers, etc., to identify and improve performance standards.
- Working with Assistant Controller and functional managers to ensure appropriate AR/Contract Close-out policies and controls are in place and processes are well documented in the Billing and across related S2C functions
- Working with Assistant Controller and functional managers to lead process improvement initiatives in the R2P area including E-req, PO matching, centralized invoicing, and a Concur implementation
- Working with functional managers, ensure roles and responsibilities are well defined and documented
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum 10 years of accounting experience
- Minimum of 5 years in managing the AR/Billing and Contract Close-out areas of Government Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years managing in the AP/Expense area of Government Accounting
- Successfully implemented process improvement initiatives through a framework such as Six Sigma
- Demonstrated knowledge of government contracting, CAS and FAR
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Cognos
- Public company experience
- Experience with system conversions, system upgrades and integrating acquired firms
- Expert skills in MS Office (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access database management)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Advanced excel skills
- Solid customer service skills
- Strong people management/leadership skills including mentoring of tenured staff, clarifying roles and responsibilities and fostering cross functional teamwork
- Team player with the ability to manage in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong program management skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Business Process Improvement
Benchmarking (Project Management)