Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
The Treasury Financing Modernization Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a Software Engineer. The Federal Reserve plays a major role in operating the nation’s debt financing system. This position will provide deep technical acumen and expertise to support the development of critical enabling architecture and technical and business capabilities for a modernized debt financing system within a Cloud environment. This role is responsible for the analysis, design, development, and engineering of the software solution using a variety of cloud computing programming languages and deployment technologies. Individuals placed within this family will possess specialized technical skills in the domain of software engineering. Progression within the family is both a combination of evolved technical expertise and complexity of assignments.
• Leads or contributes to the analysis, design, development and engineering of enterprise solutions for the organization’s most strategic and complex application delivery projects.
• Develops strong partnerships and relationships with business customers and key stakeholders.
• Leads complex and diverse technical teams through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including post-implementation support and maintenance.
• Proficient in leading the analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise technology solutions for the organization’s most strategic and complex projects, utilizing broad industry awareness and expertise.
• Proficient in leading alternative analyses, including researching vendor solutions, development platforms, third-party frameworks, and best practices, and making recommendations on platform agnostic application delivery solutions.
• Expert at implementing complex systems and software components, in compliance with Industry and System standards, which meet customer needs and expectations with respect to key project/product performance measures; quality, schedule, and cost.
• Requires the ability to independently design, develop, and document solutions, while adhering to all applicable standards (e.g., architectural, coding, security).
• Proficient at analyzing business requirements and creating technical designs and specifications for less experienced team members.
• Provides mentoring and oversight to a team of developers during the implementation phase, ensuring implementations match design specifications and adhere to established standards.
• Proficient at creating estimates, work breakdown structures, and resource assignments on assigned development tasks.
• Collaboratively works with management to incorporate development activities into master delivery schedule.
• Proficient at consulting with customers in the development of technology strategies related to the portfolio in which they are engaged. Maps objectives into roadmap initiatives and works with management to define milestones and deliverables.
• Expert at leading by example and consistently demonstrates high performance in the areas of customer service, collaboration, teamwork, and reliability.
• Proficient at communicating status and progress on assignments. Raises issues and risks in a timely fashion and effectively contributes to mitigating activities.
• Proficient at leading and motivating complex, matrixed project teams, that are often geographically dispersed and span multiple disciplines.
Full Time / Part Time
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
Typically requires at least 3 years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to architecture, design, and development of software solutions, ranging in complexity from department-class to enterprise-class.
Familiarity with Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
Demonstrated proficiency with some of the following technologies on a Cloud platform: AWS cloud native, Python, Java, GitLab, and Postgres
Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (e.g. EKS, ECS, S3, Aurora, Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway) is a distinct advantage
Demonstrated proficiency with Automated Testing, UML, Design Patterns, Object Oriented Design, Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD)
Experience designing and developing microservice solutions using RESTful APIs .
Demonstrated proficiency with Agile software development principles.
Expert knowledge with Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
Excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
Excellent initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical information to technical and non-technical contacts including executive audiences.
Incumbent must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
• United Sates Citizenship is required for this position
• The primary desired work location for this position is Kansas City. We offer employees the flexibility to work from home up to 80 percent of the time, depending on specific team needs. Also considering full time remote candidates.
Our Total Rewards programs offers benefits that go beyond the basics featuring:
• Market-leading Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 401k/Thrift Plan
• Pension Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Vacation & Personal Time
• 11 Paid Holidays
• Parental Leave
• Adoption Assistance
• Onsite Fitness Center (Kansas City location)
• Onsite Cafeteria
• Free Parking
• Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks. United States citizenship is required for this position.
Full timeRegular / Temporary
RegularJob Exempt (Yes / No)
Information TechnologyWork Shift
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cloud Software Engineer
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon S3
- Amazon Web Services
- Business Informatics
- Business Requirements