Crestwood Equity Partners LP (NYSE: CEQP) is a publicly traded master limited partnership (MLP) that develops, acquires, owns or controls, and operates primarily fee-based assets and operations within the energy midstream sector. Headquartered in Houston, TX, Crestwood provides broad-ranging infrastructure solutions across the value chain to service premier liquids-rich natural gas and crude oil shale plays across the United states. Crestwood owns and operates a diversified portfolio of crude oil and natural gas gathering, processing, storage and transportation assets that connect fundamental energy supply with energy demand across North America.
POSITION SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIILITIES
In House Counsel provides comprehensive, high quality legal advice and advocacy to the Company and its subsidiaries, operating units and supporting departments.
- Handling day-to-day/routine commercial contracts; contract disputes and corporate matters including identifying areas of risk. Ability to prioritize and multi-task work assignment is essential to the role.
- Interact with support functions and departments ensuring Legal Department
- Involvement in all matters that may have a legal impact on the organization.
- Providing legal support to operations in order to ensure compliance with local regulations and the organization’s Code of Ethics.
- Assist and manage external Counsel/Firm/Advisors.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Juris doctorate is required and admission to practice law in at least one state in which the company has operations. Membership in the Texas bar is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in contracts, regulatory compliance and/or environmental law with broad-based responsibility for a portfolio of legal matters as in-house counsel for a large energy company, preferably midstream.
- Excellent academic record, substantial experience as an advocate in administrative proceedings or litigation involving such issues, demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate legal questions and client needs, strong writing and oral communication skills, and strong client relationship skills.
- Post graduate Qualifications and/or Oil and Gas experience highly preferred.
- Highly well-rounded with broad outlook, diverse experience in corporate and commercial law.
Oil And Gas