REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Reports To RVP
FLSA Status Exempt (Salaried)
Location Cinnaminson, NJ
Custom Truck One Source has an opening for Regional Sales Manager with a background in aerial vehicles, equipment and heavy & light duty trucks. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for managing support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the sales team by recruiting, hiring, training, and developing sales talent.
• Conduct market segmentation analysis to identify the best opportunity for sales in the region and set goals for each sales representative that will drive performance to exceed volume and profit expectations.
• Lead sales team consisting of all sales representatives assigned to the region to achieve and exceed their sales goals.
• Work directly with sales representatives to grow existing business and drive new business.
• Develop and implement strategic marketing and sales plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
• Encourage and drive a high level of professionalism internally and externally.
• Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
• Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Manage the sales process from prospecting to truck delivery using Salesforce.com
• Communicate goals, plans, and performance to EVP, RVP, and GMs.
• Work with the RVP / GMs to make decisions on additions/changes to vehicle inventory to ensure equipment ordered and available to sell and meet goals, which includes inventory management for each location in the region.
• Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• Professional and Technical knowledge of aerial vehicles, equipment and heavy & light duty trucks.
• Previous sales management experience
• Must have previous 3 to 5 years of outside sales experience in vocational equipment and or truck sales.
• Can demonstrate a track record of sales achievement and new business development in vocational vehicle sales or leasing.
• Valid Driver’s License required
• Professional personal appearance
• Extremely detail oriented and accurate.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Setting priorities and adapting to changing work priorities.
• Must be self-sufficient and driven.
• Meeting deadlines and schedules.
• Strong attendance record
• Professional personal appearance
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
• The applicant needs to be proficient on a computer and have the ability to learn new programs quickly. Must be able to use Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook). Must be able to work independently and create innovative solutions to problems with minimal direction from supervisors.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the business.
• Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
• Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
• Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
• Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collect data; Use intuition and experience to complement data; Design work flows and schedules.
• Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Work well in group problem solving situations; Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Develop project plans; Coordinate projects; Communicate changes and progress; Complete projects on time and budget; Manage project team activities.
• Strong communicator and collaborator with existing teams
• Exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; Give and welcome feedback; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interests.
• Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and uphold organizational values.
• Display original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Talk to others to convey information effectively.
• Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Monitor/Assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Majority of work performed in an office setting
• Occasional lifting of 10-50 pounds
• Ability to sit for at least 8 hours per day
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Custom Truck One Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.