To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Forest, CA
- Tyler Spitznagel
- Phone: 7143471240
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Aston Carter • Lake Forest, CA
Posted 1 month ago
We are looking for a Cost Accountant to join the team!
5 + years of Cost Accounting Experience
Proficient in Excel
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Below is a job outline of the responsibilities:
- Analyze and report on variances, including PPV, QV, Mix, ASP and AUC.
- Assist in the development and analysis and standard costs for products and labor.
- Analyze and report on labor standards, actual costs and variances, including utilization and realization.
- Analyze inventory by location and ensure balances are appropriately reported in the general ledger.
- Analyze and record inventory valuation allowances and reserves as needed.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Build cost estimates of new and proposed products and services.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintain Cost Accounting System.
- Assist in month end close of the general ledger.
- Conduct physical inventories and monitors cycle count program. Reconcile inventories by location for all regions.
- Review and adjust all inventory clearing/suspense accounts monthly.
- Preparation of financial reports analysis as they relate to COGS/COS and inventory.
- Accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis of variances.
- Actively participate in physical count and cycle count.
- Assist in Ad Hoc reporting as assigned.
- Assist with external review and/or audit-prepare responses as needed.
- Comply with company and department policies & procedures.
- Assist with design and documentation of internal controls.
- Understand transfer pricing methodology and able to reflect the proper entries.
- Maintain organized accounting files-period close, reconciliations, journal entries, regulatory (both online/shared and hard copy file).
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.