Support the strategic direction of the organization and the division. Consistently demonstrate Cashman Equipment's Core Values (Communicators, Accountable, Safe, Honest, Mentors, Adaptable, and Now-Right Now) in the performance of one's functions and responsibilities while promoting and enhancing customer satisfaction, market dominance, and profitability.
* Assist the technicians in performing quality maintenance to include inspections, diagnosis, disassembly, rebuilds and reassembly of engines and engine components.
* Completes all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
* Assist technicians in meeting flat rate and/or estimated hours for each job or service call.
* Support, move and reposition heavy equipment and vehicles safely.
* Ensure company vehicle is properly serviced and kept in a safe operating condition.
* Maintain and organize work areas, tools and equipment. Keep yard/shop area clean.
* Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
* Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
* Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
* Deliver Cashman's "Best Customer Experience" for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
* Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to become certified to operate equipment and a lift truck.
* Math skills for critical measurement.
* Ability to become proficient at computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
* Must have basic electrical knowledge and be able to read and comprehend technical manuals and associated publications.
* Must have basic understanding of electrical diagrams and symbols.
* Achieves customer loyalty and profitability by safely assisting Technicians with quality maintenance, diagnosis, repair, effective communications, and percentage of reworks.
* Use consistent Technicians' feedback to advance abilities.
* Work varying shifts and overtime as business needs arise.
* Effectively participates as part of team, leading and assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma, GED or trade school equivalent preferred.
* Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form.
* Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the product service and maintenance function (service and parts manuals, technical bulletins, and other related articles).
* Diesel Technician/Power Generation trade school and/or experience in engines and electronics a plus.
* Must meet personal tooling requirements for an apprentice including Fluke 87 multimeter.
* Ability to operate heavy equipment is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
* Self-motivated and detail oriented, work with minimum supervision.
* Stand/walk 8 - 10 hours a day, and/or sit 1 - 2 hours a day.
* Occasionally/frequently lift 50 - 80 lbs.
* Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
* Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
* Must use feet for repetitive movement when operating equipment controls.
* Must have agility and balance to safely climb on all machines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Shop environment with exposure to heat, cold, dust, dirt and noise.
* Customer job site with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, dirt and noise.
* Occasional/frequent travel and overnight stays.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company. Cashman Equipment reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Requirements
- Customer Experience
- Electrical Diagrams