What You Will Do The Engineering Services Division of Los Alamos National Laboratory develops, maintains, and applies a diverse set of engineering capabilities to provide innovative engineering solutions that enable the Laboratory's scientific and national security mission. This position is within the Engineering Services Division Office (ES-DO) and is assigned to the Project Delivery (PD) Group. Project Delivery Groups are responsible for implementing the Conduct of Engineering (COE) program at Los Alamos National Laboratory. The positions are in nuclear, accelerator or non-nuclear facilities across 26 miles of the Laboratory. The program elements include processes, standards, training, and qualifications that are generally applicable throughout the life cycle of a facility. They exist to effectively manage risks and satisfy customer requirements in a safe, secure, cost effective, and environmentally responsible manner. You will be working as part of a design team assessing, maintaining, and upgrading facility systems at LANL. Specific tasks will include developing contract documents consisting of drawings, specifications, calculations and special inspections in order to maintain the technical baseline for new and existing facility systems throughout the facility lifecycle. This will require interfacing and coordinating with all stakeholders including other engineering disciplines, equipment manufacturers and customers during design and construction. What You Need Minimum Job Requirements: * Basic engineering principles and advanced principles in electrical engineering
* Ability to prepare calculations, applications of engineering methods, and application of technology aided engineering tools to facility and operations-based engineering problems.
* Ability to learn or experience in power system engineering, including fault current analysis, voltage drop calculations, protection coordination studies, incident energy studies, and equipment sizing.
* Ability to support shift work, if required.
* Ability to communicate well, both written and verbally.
* Ability to collaboratively problem solve, show commitment, and function well in a team environment.
Education/Experience: Position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university and 0 to 2 years of practical work experience. Desired Qualifications: * Engineering in Training Certificate.
* Experienced in producing designs utilizing AutoCAD tools and work processes.
* Knowledge of DOE and LANL Engineering Standards and Conduct of Engineering
* principles and procedures.
Location: This position will be located in Los Alamos, NM. COVID Vaccine: The COVID vaccine is mandatory for all Laboratory employees, on-site contractors, and on-site subcontractors unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to those working on-site, those teleworking, and all new hires. Position commitment: Regular appointment employees are required to serve a period of continuous service in their current position in order to be eligible to apply for posted jobs throughout the Laboratory. If an employee has not served the time required, they may only apply for Laboratory jobs with the documented approval of their Division Leader. The position commitment for this position is 2 years. Where You Will Work Located in beautiful northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. Our generous benefits package includes: * PPO or High Deductible medical insurance with the same large nationwide network
* Dental and vision insurance
* Free basic life and disability insurance
* Paid maternity and parental leave
* Award-winning 401(k) (6% matching plus 3.5% annually)
* Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
* Flexible schedules and time off (PTO, and holidays)
* Onsite gyms and wellness programs
* Extensive relocation packages (outside a 50 mile radius)Additional Details Directive 206.2 - Employment with Triad requires a favorable decision by NNSA indicating employee is suitable under NNSA Supplemental Directive 206.2. Please note that this requirement applies only to citizens of the United States. Foreign nationals are subject to a similar requirement under DOE Order 142.3A. Clearance: Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements* for access to classified matter. This position requires a Q clearance which requires US Citizenship except in extremely rare circumstances. Dependent upon position, additional authorization to access nuclear weapons information may be required that may or may not be available to dual citizens depending upon the circumstances. *Eligibility requirements: To obtain a clearance, an individual must be at least 18 years of age; U.S. citizenship is required except in very limited circumstances. See DOE Order 472.2 for additional information. New-Employment Drug Test: The Laboratory requires successful applicants to complete a new-employment drug test and maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing. Although New Mexico and other states have legalized the use of marijuana, use and possession of marijuana remain illegal under federal law. A positive drug test for marijuana will result in termination of employment, even if the use was pre-offer. Regular position: Term status Laboratory employees applying for regular-status positions are converted to regular status. Internal Applicants: Regular appointment employees who have served the required period of continuous service in their current position are eligible to apply for posted jobs throughout the Laboratory. If an employee has not served the required period of continuous service, they may only apply for Laboratory jobs with the documented approval of their Division Leader. Please refer to Policy Policy P701 for applicant eligibility requirements.
Equal Opportunity: Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to or call
option 1.Employment StatusFull Time
- Auto Cad
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work