To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockford, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Success Sales Consultant (Rockford, IL)
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Rockford, IL
Posted 13 days ago
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
Customer Success Sales Consultant, Level III - Rockford, IL
Use your competitive spirit and intellectual sharpness to build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals, and foster extensive knowledge of current market conditions. In this critical role you will collaborate with the team to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue in alignment with MSC’s long-term strategic goals.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Translate your pursuit of a challenge and keen insight of market drivers into sales that advance customer’s success as a business … and of MSC’s success as an industry leader.
• Apply your distinct perspective to align our unique insights to address customer’s priorities and reframe how they view their business.
• Use account planning tools, prescriptive analytics, and research from marketing to teach customers something new and compelling about their business that leads to MSC’s differentiated solutions.
• Share newsworthy market insights with customers to educate them on issues/outcomes and help them avoid potential landmines—while embracing constructive tension in commercial conversations.
• Understand and leverage individual value drivers to influence a wide range of customer stakeholders by developing a clear strategy for engaging them.
• Link supplier capabilities to specific, individual stakeholder objectives by including stories or qualitative aspects to a commercial conversation.
• Incorporate economic drivers with deep knowledge of customer’s business, current macro/microeconomic and industry trends, and potential new business opportunities.
• Apply knowledge of customer’s industry in the context of the current market climate and competition to make informed inferences about their business.
• Leverage facts from research, benchmark data, and best demonstrated practices to introduce new ideas that challenge the status quo and reveal to customer high costs they may have been incurring.
• Tailor presentations and commercial insight to customer’s industry, company and contact and deliver relevant messages based on current industry trends that will impact their business.
• Drive momentum and take control of the purchasing process by guiding the customer on next steps and anticipated roadblocks, and use best demonstrated practices to align stakeholders and drive consensus to your proposal.
• Identify and arm the mobilizer (influence and power beyond title) with toolkit to sell your solutions throughout their organization.
• Cross-sell and up-sell by thoroughly understanding customers’ value propositions, key business objectives regarding growth and profitability, and the customers and industries they serve.
WHAT IT TAKES
The intellectually agile and professionally driven sales professional we seek should have these skills and competencies.
• Self-motivated to meet specific sales goals, with a demonstrated track record of excellent sales, negotiation, relationship building and closing skills and techniques (2 years of proven B2B sales success preferred)
• Solid history of decision making, taking accountability, ability to create constructive tension and align stakeholders involved in the decision-making process to drive consensus to MSC solutions
• Track record of meeting and exceeding agreed upon sales plan, with a demonstrated competitive spirit and ability to overcome obstacles to success
• Recognized as a knowledgeable, trusted advisor on the industries served by our customers
• Strong interpersonal skills along with attention to detail and follow through
• Drives results
• Customer focus
• Teaching for differentiation
• Tailoring for resonance
• Taking control
• Decision quality
• Develops talent
• Communicates effectively
• Instills trust
• Action oriented
• Manages conflict
• Situational adaptability
• Bachelor’s degree in business, industrial distribution, manufacturing or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite with Salesforce.com experience
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.