Location: Akron, OH
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
About the Position
The Tableau Developer functions as a consultant to the business community at Goodyear by developing Tableau visualization / dashboards and supporting the overall use of Tableau. This individual supports key business initiatives in the development and use of Tableau and its environment - developing against both on premise and cloud platforms to design advanced analytics and visualizations.
- Capturing Business Requirements
- Design and Creation of visualizations/dashboards using Tableau
- Industrialization of process to accelerate consistent delivery of analytics to Business Partners
- Work with the BI Solutions Architect to follow the established Tableau methodology, processes, and standards.
- Responsible for the unit testing (first level of tests), provide evidence of testing.
- Work with Business Community to drive adoption of Tableau in Organization
- Participate in Tableau application design reviews.
- Identification of application requirements. Facilitation and documentation of those requirements. Communication of BI requirements to the Data Services team.
- Need to design, deliver and optimize the BI tool set in all database architectures. Participate in BI application design reviews.
- Work across EDW projects to provide support in BI methodology, processes, and standards. Develop an understanding of EDW data for communication and support of business and SBU BI support.
- Participate in User Group meetings. Create and deliver user training. Responsible for User acceptance testing (in collaboration with business / demand owner)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Business Administration or related discipline is required
- Minimum of 4 years' work experience in Information Technology, including 1 years of Tableau preferred.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand the business needs and deliver prompt, efficient, quality service to the business.
- Can convey complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to apply different strategies to convince others to change their opinion or plan and wins support from others for ideas.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
Click [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Engineer, Developer, Computer Science, Database, Programmer, Engineering, Technology