Job Posting Title:
The Mixer is responsible for carefully and consistently mixing the dough based on accurate use of ingredients, formulas/recipes and standards for food safety and food quality. The influence of water, temperature and humidity is considered by the mixer in this process. The effective mixing of dough directly results in how smoothly the production line runs and the overall quality of the product. All procedures and practices used are grounded in standards, regulations and laws addressing food safety and food quality, as well as environmental safety in accordance with Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Accurately mixes each dough mixture based on the production schedule needs, formulas/recipes, and the monitoring of environmental conditions of the plant
- Reads and understands the formulas/recipes, identifying the correct ingredients to be used including water and understands how water, temperature and humidity affects the dough
- Accurately calculates proportions of ingredients to be used
- Maintains an understanding of the equipment being used including mixer, extruder, chunker, etc. and is able to trouble shoot/problem solve for effective use
- Uses Infinity and SAP (computer software) scanning and validating ingredients used
- Communicates concerns to Production Supervisor and Baker
- Track movement of raw materials to appropriate bins by scanning HU's to appropriate locations
- Maintains an understanding of the production schedule for each shift and how it influences the work to be done
- Keeps work environment clean, safe. Performs all plant cleaning and sanitation activities on all equipment and in all departments following both safety and quality procedures, policies, and rules and in accordance with the standards, regulations and laws governing food safety, food quality and environmental safety regulations and monitors and accurately documents all work completed. This includes midweek and end of the week production cleaning
- Assists production with packaging, palletizing, and other duties, as needed
- Supports the implementation and monitoring of food safety and food quality standards, regulations, and laws. Notifies leaders if there are any concerns or opportunities for improvement
- Assure the implementation of all identified food quality and food safety standards, laws, good manufacturing practices, training and continuous improvement
- Primary focus of all business-related efforts are and must remain that of promoting excellence in all products
- Remains current in training expectations
- Records and documents according to procedures
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires education generally equivalent to a high school diploma
- Requires a minimum of one year of progressive work experience preferably food production
- Requires a working knowledge of food safety and food quality standards and regulations such as SQF and environmental safety regulations along with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Requires basic mathematical skills to be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide combined with the ability to read and interpret formulas and recipes, and calculate proportions, rations and ingredient amounts
- Requires strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft programs such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Team player, works well with others, and communicates effectively with all associates.
- Requires effective and clear written and oral communication skills fluent in English to clearly communicate with other team members
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional sitting
- Frequent use of hands to finger, handle, grasp or touch objects and tools
- Frequently is required to talk or listen
- Frequent standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, squatting, stooping, crouching, crawling, twisting, bending, reaching
- Frequent lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, with team lift assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The employee works indoors in a production environment. Additionally, the incumbent will work near moving mechanical parts, and in high places. He/she will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. There is moderate noise in the work environment.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to 1329-Mixer. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Good Manufacturing Practices
Packaging And Labeling