Manager, Employee Experience (HR)
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As Manager, Employee Experience, you will work closely with our lab leadership and hourly frontline lab associates to create a warm and caring environment. This role will be a key member of the East Region’s HR team, and will be instrumental in continuing to cultivate a positive and supportive workplace culture.
The Employee Experience Manager will be responsible for cultivating an open, warm, caring environment for employees while working with supervisors to solve individual and departmental issues and challenges. The position supports an hourly workforce of laboratory employees responsible for diagnostic testing. By being a visible, proactive problem-solver, coach and teacher, the successful candidate will enable employees to deliver their best in a supportive environment. Measures of success include employee engagement, positive employee relations and lower turnover.
In order to be present for employees during business operations, this position requires some nights (30-50%). The majority of the workforce is in NJ, but some travel to NY, Philadelphia and Baltimore laboratories is required (10-20%)
• Leads and expands positive employee relations efforts
• Fosters individual employee relationships
• Continuously pulses employees through individual conversations, focus groups and surveys
• Understands and communicates pain points
• Works through employees and supervisors to solve simple and moderately complex issues
• Proactively identifies risks and escalates as appropriate to senior leadership
• Assess and coach supervisors around core leadership competencies
• Embraces and cascades company and regional messages in a way that meets needs of hourly, high production workforce, including 3rd shift
• Delivers training in response to workforce and supervisor needs
• Redirects employee issues to appropriate HR resources
• Is directly accountable for employee issues that are out of scope for the HR Service Center and/or are complex or high risk
• Conducts and documents site visits and employee meetings
• Communicates all trends, risks and improvements to senior leadership
• May support additional projects
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
• BA/BS in HR or related field; Master’s degree is a plus.
• SPHR/PHR certification is a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office products
• Minimum 10 years experience in combination of HR, employee relations, training and communications
• Ability to work nights/3rd shift 30-50% of the time. Work-life flexibility and ability to make one’s own schedule is provided.
• Ability to travel 10 - 20% of the time
• High integrity, trustworthy
• Interpersonal skills
• Written and oral communications
• Develops self and others
• Ability to diagnose and understand root cause of reoccurring issues
• Proactive and accountable
• Problem solver
• HR functional expertise
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently
• Resilience and persistence
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patients come first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. We have a large recognized brand; we offer flexibility and autonomy, great support, pay and benefits and a comprehensive training and onboarding program.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
Coaching And Mentoring