Financial Analyst - Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into unchartered territories together. - Are you ready to join us on the journey?
The Financial Analyst position will provide reporting, analysis and financial support on a broad spectrum of operational and financial issues. These issues may deal with operational efficiencies, financial reporting and analysis, technical functionality, or policy, security and control-related issues.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional that wants to be part of a winning team. We give you the opportunity to work at a company where you can contribute, grow, and make your own path to success. The rest is up to you.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Assist with developing an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing driver-based financial budgets including developing and communicating the budget timeline, creating budget templates, creating/maintaining budget roll-up files, and preparing budget deliverables
- Support the sales and marketing departments with tracking and analyzing their expenses, including monthly budget vs actual analytics and annual budgeting
- Prepare and update ad-hoc models and analysis to support operational and strategic business decisions
- Provides financial support to various internal customers
- Assist with understanding key variance drivers and opportunities and risks to the financial plans / forecasts
- Provide financial analysis and business insight to drive key performance metrics
- Identify and support continual process and procedure improvements
- Research, evaluate and recommend options and solutions for organizational cost and revenue improvements.
- Develops tools, spreadsheets, analysis and presentations to be used by managers to help run the business.
- Post high school education in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis
- Experience in developing and/or the ability to understand financial models
- Superb interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate analysis, both oral and written, effectively with all levels of the company.
- Detail-oriented, with high attention to quality and accuracy, organized with excellent time-management skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; in particular, aptitude with Excel and spreadsheet modeling.
- Ability to work independently and manage projects effectively
All candidates must apply online at www.schoolspecialty.com/careers
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Use Statistical Method