To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Forest, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Reporting Analyst
Grainger • Lake Forest, IL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The MSM Business Intelligence team oversees the creation, production, and management of key metrics, dashboards, databases, and tools used to make business decisions in Merchandising and Supplier Management (MSM).
The primary role of this position is to provide critical insights and business intelligence to the MSM organization through the creation, standardization and delivery of data reports and analysis to show operational performance and encourage data driven decision making, and then to translate that data to give recommendations, inform strategy, and influence business decisions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide reporting and dashboards on key operational and strategic metrics across all areas of MSM.
- Leverage analytics and business judgment to partner with department leaders to identify, prioritize and solve complex business problems with clear and concise recommendations.
- Provide proactive value add analysis, insights and recommendations that helps leaders establish priorities and set direction, aligning with overall company and department objectives.
- Collaborate with business partners and cross functional teams to define requirements and then translate requirements into a solution that drives improved insight or reduced costs
- Utilize continuous improvement methodologies to proactively identify, recommend, and implement improvements to internal processes and procedures.
- Simplify, enhance, engineer, and re-engineer basic and complex reporting processes.
- Develop advanced knowledge of industry available tools for information and reporting design.
- Quickly build relationships and partner with management to provide solutions that will drive strategy and organizational vision to all functional areas in the business.
- Implement plans that include a systemic component to reduce time spent on data mining or validating the integrity of data.
- Document procedures and processes appropriately to build a library of solutions.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years working with enterprise data warehouse systems (e.g. Teradata, SQL)
- Minimum of 5 years with emerging reporting tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau, BusinessObjects)
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Broad business knowledge and organizational awareness
- Demonstrated ability to leverage both business acumen and technical skills to
- deliver results. Ability to analyze and translate raw data, and then prepare recommendations to solve ambiguous and complex issues.
- Proven analytic and quantitative decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with senior team members.
- The ability to influence decision-making processes without having specific authority.
- Self-directed with accountability to make sound business decisions while demonstrating effective time-management and multi-tasking skills.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.