ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead an assigned group of employees and provide clear and concise assignment of work to employees, (planned quantities based upon standards).
- Before the start of work, Area Lead will review with compression personnel the previous day’s results (safety, quality, productivity) give direction regarding the current day goals and priorities.
- Communicate with warehouse personnel and material handlers to ensure timely delivery of all necessary supplies to be available and that the required personnel have all tools, equipment and supplies required on the line.
- Make all labels and print all instructions sheets needed for scheduled orders, as necessary.
- Monitor and ensure all employees are working safely and following all safety regulations.
- Provides timely feedback regarding observations of policy and/or procedure violations.
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Walks through the facility to verify status and visually checks for facility and/or equipment damage at the beginning and end of work day.
- Perform daily Prism transaction required for material transfers, and or recording and tracking of production.
- Trains compression personnel in performing requirements of job per established guidelines as directed by the Shift Manager.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department’s key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Responsible to maintain a clean and safe work area. Will work with other shifts to resolve housekeeping issues.
- May also be required to cross train to perform the duties of other lead personnel if needed to support production department, therefore should know the pre-required duties, responsibilities, and skills of that position.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of an ERP system, E. Prism, Intermec, and/or AS400 system
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing. Complete reports and comprehend instructions and communicate effectively via emails. Speak effectively in front of groups of people, and coworkers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with difficult situations; find resolutions, escalate and communicate situations to Shift Manager.
- ERP system experience with Prism, Intermec, and/or AS400 system
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.