Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Serve as the on-site Electrical Engineer supporting an enterprise Base Operations Support contract in the Central Virginia Area. This individual will be responsible for developing, leading and overseeing multiple, complex facilities projects to achieve project objectives and meet customer requirements. They must demonstrate and apply highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills the ability to manage complex programs in a diverse and dynamic environment with short-notice tasking’s under high pressure situations.
- Start-up, testing, troubleshooting and design of analog and digital control systems and facilities systems
- Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs; direct and coordinate manufacturing. Construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities lo ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs. diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, component, products, and system.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications
- Oversee and coordinate operations, maintenance, repair, and inspections of all equipment and mechanical rooms
- Coordinate maintenance, repair, and engineering for the vertical transportation systems; oversee and coordinate activities with the trade shops, including prioritization of work, review of ongoing projects, and inspection of installed equipment; oversee and coordinate electrical Work Requests, service orders and projects.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for electrical system related activities
- Utilize design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Coordinate activities with architecture, engineering, construction, and space planning efforts, including operation, maintenance, repair, inspections for all equipment and mechanical rooms
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering.
- (5) years' experience applying substantive electrical engineering in facilities operations to initiate. lead, plan, implement, develop risk mitigation strategies, and ensure quality through testing and validation activities.
- Must possess a current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certified.
- Possess industry recognized Project Management certification to manage and support government projects.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge in and programming experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS) for process control and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisitions Systems (SCADA)
- Familiar with Honeywell and Carrier Control Systems and other similar control systems
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of AC/DC electronic theory, solid state electronics, control systems, computer operations and data transfer protocols and project management practices
- Certification in Facilities Management of PMP, is desired.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Expert computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of CMMS and MAXIMO
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
Computer Control Systems
Distributed Control Systems
Programmable Logic Controllers