Position Open: September 8, 2021
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen Inc. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Bridge CAD Technician.
When you come to work for Clark Nexsen, you’ll experience a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where imaginative thinking is encouraged and supported. We are a national, transdisciplinary architecture, engineering, and consulting firm, but we believe that our role in making the world better is not limited to design. Our vision and values drive our culture, our work, and our commitment to giving back to our communities through volunteerism and charitable giving.
With 11 offices spanning Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas, our people shape the future by discovering opportunities to transform the way we live in and experience our world. We believe the best ideas come from collaboration, working across disciplines to inspire innovation and deliver high-performing projects for U.S. and global clients.
We offer generous compensation and benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401k, short and long term disability, paid time off, Aflac, flexible benefits, and legal resources. To learn more about our culture and expertise, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Bridge CAD Technician.
We seek to hire a Bridge CAD Technician in our Virginia Beach, VA office who will be responsible for assisting bridge engineers in the production of construction drawings. Typical responsibilities include drafting of marked-up plans, sections, details, and notes produced by the project Bridge Engineers; modeling of the structure; development of schematic-level substructure and superstructure plans with minimal or modest direction from the Bridge Engineers. Responsibilities may also include providing assistance in the conduction of bridge safety inspections.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing all aspects of structural modeling and/or drafting on projects, or portions of projects, as directed by a senior or lead Bridge Engineer. Projects may include both new and existing construction. Production of sketches may be required for inclusion in written reports, such as a Structural Condition Assessment Report or a Bridge Safety Inspection Report.
- Discussing with the lead Bridge Engineer and developing resolution for all instances of conflict between a structural member/element and the work of another discipline discovered during the drafting and/or modeling process.
- Adhering to company and department standards.
- Communicating and coordinating with technicians and professionals from other disciplines during the development of models, plans, sections, and details. Results of such communication and coordination shall be shared with the lead Bridge Engineer.
- Assist with review of shop drawing submittals for general conformance with the contract drawings.
- Complying with quality control practices and procedures
- Serving as a mentor to entry-level Bridge EI/EIT’s who are unfamiliar with the production of contract drawings
- Participate in field inspections to include bridge safety inspections and structural condition assessments.
Project responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting of marked-up plans, partial plans, sections, details, and notes provided by the Bridge Engineer
- Completing sections and details produced to a schematic-level of completion by the Bridge Engineer
- Producing design development-level substructure and superstructure plans for projects of low to moderate complexity
- Participate in multi-discipline coordination efforts
- Adhere to project budget and schedule
- Assist in field inspections to include bridge safety inspections and structural condition assessments
- Have earned a high school diploma, or equivalent, and completed coursework in AutoCAD or Microstation from a technical or vocational school; or
- An Associate’s Degree in a field of study related to drafting and design; or
- A Certificate in a field of study related to drafting and design; or
- A four-year undergraduate degree in a field of study related to drafting and design Structural Engineering or Architecture
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
- Applicable Autodesk or Bentley certifications are desirable
- Active membership in drafting or modeling-related organizations (local or web-based) is preferred
A Bridge CAD Technician should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, and information management.
Working familiarity with production software to a point of being able to utilize the software in the development of project documents and interact with other project team members in their use of the software is highly desirable.
A Bridge CAD Technician must meet all education requirements for the position and have some office experience as a CAD or BIM technician with demonstrable proficiency in the use of Microstation, AutoCAD, REVIT, and/or Bentley BIM Software packages.
Other Criteria and Considerations
- Ability to prepare effective and concise documents and correspondence.
- Ability to make presentations to a variety of groups
- Have a client-oriented attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
- Auto Cad
- Micro Station
- Autodesk Revit
- Submittals (Construction)
- Computer Aided Design