To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leonia, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
QA Quality Engineer (I)
The Nature's Bounty Co. • Leonia, NJ
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
For more than 70 years, The Nature’s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.Job Description
Under the direction of the Quality Manager, the QA Quality Engineer provides overall quality support for manufacturing and quality departments to improve overall product quality. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong engineering, quality and operations background. The Quality Engineer will participate in quality improvement initiatives to reduce defects and quality issues, and make recommendations to improve the production process based on findings from quality analysis. Collaboration across multiple disciplines is critical for the successful implementation of the corrective actions. This role will interface closely with other cross-functional groups such as our Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D and Quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sets and monitors SPC data to ensure delivery of consistent quality. Utilize basic statistical tools to analyze for trends or issues.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and specifications to establish product and process capabilities (Cp/Cpk).
- Identify, develop, and implement process controls to meet customer/specification requirements.
- Develops/authors verification and validation protocols (i.e. Validation Plans, IQ/OQ/PQ protocols, validation summary reports).
- Assists and coordinates equipment, cleaning and process validations.
- Participate in and support the maintenance of the Quality Management System and Maintain Quality Department business metrics.
- The Quality Engineer will lead and / or support thorough investigations of quality issues (CAPA’s, Non-Conformances, Audit Observations, etc.) ensuring effective corrective and / or preventive actions occur.
- Analyze plant controllable consumer complaint data to identify all types of quality problems and perform root cause analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams on process control, improvement, and optimization projects; participate in other continuous improvement projects.
- Performs assessments of any given quality system to determine the effectiveness and dependability of such system.
- Ensure all quality specifications are met for any given product or procedure and suggests methods to bring equipment and work procedures into compliance with quality control standards.
- Direct support of project activities and all other associated Quality functions.
- Assist in investigations, which includes interactions with vendors or Supplier Development and Procurement Management for issues associated with raw materials and components.
- 5+ years of experience in the food, pharmaceutical and or supplement industry preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements that affect the dietary supplement and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing business, preferred
- Bachelor’s in Pharmaceutical, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other Science related field preferred or other closely related discipline with extensive significant experience can be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- ASQ CQE or CQM preferred
- Must be proficient with PC programs, i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Problem solving and statistical skills using quality tools (Pareto analysis, statistical process control, multi-variant DOE etc.).
- AS400 Knowledge desirable
- Knowledge of regulatory and GMP compliance requirements such as 21 CFR Part 111, HACCP, HARPC preferred
- SQF practitioner / FSSC/ BRC/ ISO experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills; able to use data, communicate key trends, develop and execute continuous improvement plans.
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups to implement improvements
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
Nature’s Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Nature’s Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.