To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1777 3rd Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Manager Hotel - Full Time (Detroit)
MGM Resorts International • Detroit, MI
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It is the responsibility of the Assistant Manager, Hotel to assist in overseeing front desk operations while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Statement.
- Informs guests about the hotel facilities, policies and procedures. Provide tourist information to guest.
- Assigns and instructs Front Desk Representatives in details of work.
- Monitors arrivals/departures and makes staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information
from MGM Grand Detroit’s computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate.
- Makes appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs.
- Ensures that every effort is made to attain the best possible average room rate and
occupancy. Checks the competition rates and occupancy on regular basis.
- Checks the credit report, reviews the hold bucket, holds valet and all city ledger
accounts on daily basis.
- Manages the Front Desk team to include efficient staffing, team member development and training, performance management and policy enforcement.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 21 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- One year experience as a Front Desk Supervisor at a major hotel/resort complex or the completion of a four year hospitality degree with a supervisory Hotel Operations Internship.
- Experience in multi-tasking of projects and project management.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access and Power Point and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Strong analytical and listening skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual abilities preferred.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to push and pull heavy items and equipment.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability to work in an environment where pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is permitted.
- Ability to function and act independently.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Obtain/maintain Michigan Gaming Control Board Level 2 Occupational License.