To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
JLL • Chicago, IL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Description – Paralegal
Paralegal for JLL’s Americas Corporate Solutions business, which helps clients improve productivity in the cost, efficiency and performance of their national, regional and global real estate portfolios through outsourcing real estate services. Primarily responsible for supporting vendor contract reviews and negotiation processes as well as other routine contracting matters for Corporate Solutions legal team. You will be part of a team of five operating within the Corporate Solutions legal group.
- Review, draft and provide comments to service provider/vendor contracts for different service lines and other real estate related contracts, with a focus on facilities management services
- Review and finalization of standard form documents such as Confidentiality Agreements
- Candidate will be supervised by JLL attorneys but will interact directly with internal business clients as appropriate
- Identify and inform internal business clients and attorneys of risk issues in vendor contracts or vendor services
- Participate in training of account sourcing personnel on vendor contract issues
- Develop resources to be used to support Corporate Solutions account teams identify, address and resolve vendor contract issues
- Responsible for day to day administration of assigned incoming vendor contracts
- Work with attorneys to ensure conformance with contract review process
- Serve as a liaison with business units to handle queries arising related to standard contract forms and procedures, the status of contract reviews and other on account legal issues
- Update and maintain library of forms/contract and ensure consistency among contracts, including establishing best practices with respect to the contracting process
- Assist with non-routine and special projects for Americas Legal as requested by attorneys
- Analyze new laws, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on business goals and objectives and existing contract forms
- Support implementation of new artificial intelligence tools assisting the business and legal function
- Assist litigation team with handling and resolving vendor contract disputes.
- Monitor compliance and ethics issues that affect client accounts
- Reports to Chief Counsel
- 3-5 years minimum progressive work experience as a commercial paralegal or equivalent role, primarily focused on contract reviews
- Strong organizational, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills essential
- Able to work effectively under pressure, with an attention to detail
- Able to work independently, but in a team environment
- Able to quickly learn new document management systems and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program
- Familiarity with Real Estate, Property Management, or Construction helpful but not essential
- Located in Chicago area
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]