To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stevensville, MD 21666
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nesco Resource • Stevensville, MD
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is looking for a Production Supervisor to join our manufacturing team in Stevensville, MD! With demand escalating, we are in need of adding a 2nd or 3rd shift to delight our customers. Our customers include various branches of our military as well as friendly government's militaries. Our client is looking for a person to supervise this shifts activities. They will operate from a narrow scope of responsibility to maintain production schedules and ensure quality standards are met. The Supervisor will work with the Operations Manager to plan work, make assignments, and train new employees. The supervisor will administer the organization's policies for assigned department. This is a great opportunity to join a company committed to manufacturing in the U.S. and employee training and development.
- Conduct Cell meeting with Team Leaders
- Work with Continuous Improvement Manager to coordinate and implement improvement activities
- Perform Supervisory Functions for the Cell by learning and adhering to the QMS (quality management system)
- Coach and audit leaders and operators
- Gather and summarize performance data
- Perform employee performance reviews
- Promote, follow, and help establish standard work
- Must be willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent attitude and leadership ability
- Manufacturing and machining knowledge preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an efficient manner
- Ability to train new or inexperienced operators to operate machines and produce finished goods
- Supervises 3-6 employees
- Ability to work with multiple production schedules and adjust work processes and resources to meet demand
- Ability to operate and complete production assignments to increase resources to meet demand
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, processes and procedures, experience with precision measurement methods and systems
- Ability to work with tight tolerances
- Inspect machined work pieces to verify conformance to specifications
- Accurately complete all 'in process ' and monitor employee job cost reporting
- Fully understand all department personnel functions and responsibilities
- Must communicate well, written and verbally
- Experience with ISO9001 quality systems preferred
- Life and/or move up to thirty pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Maintains cleanliness of work station and surrounding area
- Hands on experience with manufacturing equipment
- Hands on experience with CNC mills and lathes
- Understands, interprets and edits G-code programming
- 3 years: CNC Manufacturing Supervisor
- Licenses & Certifications
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.