$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRx, we’ve earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you’ll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you’ll have some of the best training and tools in the world.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll be responsible for retrieving medication from stock, counting and packaging orders for pharmacist review, maintaining workstations with adequate supplies, removing outdated products from shelves, assisting with inventory replenishment, and maintaining par levels of pre-packaged auxiliary items. Occasionally you may be asked to reach out to patients for customer service calls as well as making inquiries on orders shipped.
Shift Schedule: Sunday - Thursday, 3 pm - 11:30 pm EST
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Pharmacy Technician (2nd Shift) - Charlotte, NC
- Process and fill prescription orders in preparation for pharmacist verification
- Some packing and shipping of completed prescription orders to patients
- Maintain drug inventory and automated dispensing units
- Replenish workstation supplies for filling prescriptions as needed (includes vials, caps, labels, etc.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Current State of North Carolina Pharmacy Technician License (or willingness to obtain within 30 days of hire)
- Experience navigating through Microsoft Excel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Work the 2nd shift schedule, Sunday - Thursday 3 to 11:30 pm EST
- Pharmacy / prescription data entry experience
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Previous experience working in a mail order setting
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours with intermittent breaks
Careers with Optum. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on an elite team. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk, Charlotte, North Carolina, NC, hiring immediately, #RPO, sign on bonus, #OptumRxPilot, #Red