To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
InfoSec - AWS Cloud Specialist
Apex Systems • birmingham, AL
Posted 25 days ago
Our enterprise-level client is looking for a direct,full time position. If you fit the description below please send your updated resume to email@example.com
- Experience implementing security solutions at the business division level
- An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- An understanding of web services
- Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.) - preferred python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An associate level AWS certification or can achieve within 6 month of hire
The Cloud Security Engineer acts as a part of a team in the enforcement of corporate, regulatory and risk management policy configurations. The position also assists in developing, implementing and maintaining corporate information security standards, technologies, processes and procedures within our cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Security Engineer coordinates, administers, monitors and maintains security infrastructure in our cloud environments. As a member of the team, the role is required to be process-oriented and results-oriented, and demonstrates effective problem-solving and communication skills. This position will often serve as a subject matter expert for colleagues and line-of-business managers, and experience with multiple technologies, compliance requirements and risk analysis methodologies is crucial.
What you will be doing.
- Develop and implement internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud.
- Recommend architecture to meet business requirements.
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture.
- Create and implement automation for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting purposes.
- Verify and resolve configuration and other non-software related issues.
- Actively participate in design discussion for series to be delivered in the cloud.
- Work directly with platform/category teams to document and support infrastructure automation, software delivery, and testing solutions.
- Collaborate with Release Engineers and platform/category teams to assist with issues regarding infrastructure and applications.
- Collaborate with our cloud Engineers and Software Engineers to help deliver infrastructure as code.
- Assist in the design and implementation of security technology solutions related specifically to securing environments hosted in the cloud.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178