JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Acts as the primary interface between subcontractors and the programs being supported for all subcontract related issues. Subcontract Administrator will operate under the supervision of Procurement Manager and will seek review of non-routine decisions. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, willing to work in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines.
Perform Cradle-to-Grave procurement actions as follows:
* Prepares recommended source lists of qualified subcontractors, drawing upon their past performance experiences.
* Prepares Procurement Plans for large, complex procurement to include Commerciality, Type of Contract, Milestone Schedules, etc.
* Prepares and issues Request for Proposal/Quotation and verifies accuracy and completeness of proposal packages. Interfaces with various business groups - program, project, safety, security, data management, and accounting to clarify and ensure that all necessary data has been included.
* Receives subcontractors' responses to requests for proposals/quotations, and works with project staff on Technical Evaluation that determines each subcontractor's ability to meet solicitation requirements, company and project requirements.
* Analyzes estimates and costs, negotiates specifications/statements of work, price, and other contractual provisions with subcontractors to correspond with the FAR, JT4 LLC policies and mission needs.
* Prepares Price/Cost Analysis, Negotiation Memorandum, Advance Notifications for Consent (if applicable).
* Ensures compliance of managed subcontracts and consulting agreements by maintaining auditable files per Government requirements and JT4 LLC policies and procedures.
* Prepares and issues procurement documents and change orders, including identification and inclusion of FAR Flow Down requirements from the prime contract. Ensures that terms and conditions will be appropriate.
* Prepares reports and contractual correspondence for project management and client. Maintains accurate tracking records tailored to the assigned subcontracts.
* Maintains and updates electronic procurement files to include records of payment.
* Performs procurement closeout actions, completes file documentation, and forwards procurement files to storage.
* Serves as liaison between subcontractor and procurement personnel.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Work is primarily sedentary in an office environment with no unusual hazards; however, some walking, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, stretching and lifting (up to 25 pounds) is required for such purposes as filing and gathering supplies. Frequent use of a computer is required. Routine travel to remote work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL, AND WORK EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of 7-10 years of direct subcontract, federal government and commercial experience in negotiation and administration of subcontracts
* Must possess a working knowledge of FAR/DFARS contracting policies and procedures
* DoD experience is required
* Fundamental knowledge of Subcontract Administration to include T&M, Labor Hour, Cost Reimbursable and Fixed Price Contracts, Basic Ordering (ID/IQ) subcontract experience is a must.
* Fundamental understanding of cost accounting principles to include direct and indirect cost components and factors.
* Working knowledge of the Maximo Purchasing system is a plus.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, a working knowledge of PC software packages (Word, Excel, Adobe Professional and Power Point) typically associated with procurement, and an ability to effectively negotiate subcontracts is also required.
* Must be able to deal with a variety of personnel and customers in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.
* Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills are required.
* Must be able to meet critical deadlines, and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Position requires the ability to maintain a Security Clearance.
* Applicant must possess a valid state issued driver's license.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Contracts, or Purchasing or equivalent in the Procurement subcontract field. Contracts certifications preferred.
* Seven to ten years of negotiation and administration of subcontracts in a Federal Government contracting environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled