Have you ever envisioned leading a team to success or dared to help manage a million-dollar business? Well here’s your opportunity to live the dream! Put your team-building skills to the test and bring us your passion, energy and excellent interpersonal skills. We’ll provide you with an awesome training program, great mentors and an exceptional team that will help you launch your career. The rest is up to you!Requirements (our ideal candidates will possess):
- Experience: Must be an EPL Shift Leader or have 2-4 years of supervisory experience, preferably within a restaurant environment. Familiarity with Point-Of-Sale systems is desired.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (second language a plus)
- Competencies: Basic math and computer skills, and strong interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Driving/Vehicle : Must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle that may be used for company business.
- Food Handler Card: Must have a Serve Safe Certificate at time of hire or obtain a Serve Safe Certificate and pass the EPL Food Safety Audit (FSA) class upon hire, where applicable.
- Work Hours: Full-Time schedule, and may work any shift including opening, mid-day, and closing. The great news is that our restaurants are not open 24 hours!
- Career Advancement/Career Plan: We promote heavily from within, so from an AM you can develop to become a General Manager, Area Leader, Director of Operations, and beyond!
- Work Attire: EPL logo’d shirt will be provided, and black slacks and no-slip shoes are required
- Position valid thru: Dec 31, 2018
We offer eligible Employees the following Benefits/Perks:
- Supervising assigned shifts, and provides supervision to crew members in the absence of the General Manager
- Training and developing crew members
- Completing administrative tasks (e.g. financial and inventory control, schedules, logging maintenance, etc.)
- Creating and ensuring exceptional guest experiences
- Ensuring compliance with all security, food safety, quality, and cleanliness standards
- Maintaining cost controls and contributing to the sales/profit goals
- Building your skills and leveraging the available tools to prepare yourself for a future General Manager role
El Pollo Loco is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Flexible Scheduling: Full-Time or Part-Time
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD Life & Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (General Manager and Assistant Manager only)
- 401K with Matching
- Meal Discounts
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 2738329
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In 1980, the very first American El Pollo Loco opened on Alvarado Street in Los Angeles where El Pollo Loco quickly became a local favorite. With authentically prepared flame-grilled, citrus-marinated chicken, freshly prepared ingredients and a welcoming atmosphere customers knew they had a unique dining experience unlike any other in their neighborhood. As word spread, so did our popularity and locations -- establishing El Pollo Loco as a true local brand throughout California.
View the full profile
While a lot has changed over the past few decades, El Pollo Loco’s commitment to fresh, authentically prepared food has not. And we’re just getting started because with each day that passes, we grow more and more passionate about our food.