Job: Benefits Manager
Location: Rockville, MD 20853
Duration: 6 Months (potential conversion)
Reports to: Director of Compensation, Benefits and HRIS
Our client is a world class IT and technical consulting companies specializing in technological implementations and consulting is looking for a seasoned and experienced Benefits Manager to join their team in the Rockville, MD area.
The Employee Benefits Manager analyzes, designs and administers employee benefits programs like medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans, 401K, pensions, thrift saves and administering absence programs, and more. The employee Benefits Manager will ensure that all benefit programs are regularly updated and compliant with all state, local and federal regulations. He/She would be a team player with the Director of HRIS, Compensation, Recruiting and Communications evolving total rewards strategies and databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommends benefits programs to management by studying employee requirements and trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations.
- Supports management's decision making by analyzing benefit options and predicting future costs.
- Identifies benefit options by studying programs; obtaining advice from consultants.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Informs employees of benefit usage by preparing and distributing benefit reports.
- Maintains benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes.
- Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
- Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer Skills
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and international regulations and legislation
- CEBS or CBP certification preferred