350 7th St North
* Essential Job Accountabilities:
* Job Summary:
* The Registered Nurse WOC under general direction has authority, responsibility and accountability for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of wound, ostomy and continence care. Functions primarily as a consultant; provides direct patient care and education to select patients. Provides for staff development in areas of expertise. Responsible for product recommendations in areas of expertise. Maintains records and statistics reflecting role performance; participates in hospital wide committees and projects as indicated. This position also provides oversight for the WOC Nursing program, participation in NLC, preparing a budget, developing policy and procedures, leading quality improvement efforts and coordination of pressure ulcer prevalence rounds.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates care given to patients with a wound, ostomy, or continence issue.
* Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates measures used to prevent pressure ulcers.
* Works collaboratively with physicians and other disciplines in providing care to patients with a wound, ostomy, or continence issue.
* Provides consultation to staff regarding management of patients with wound, ostomy, or continence issues.
* Assists with reviews of policies and procedures related to wound, ostomy and continence care.
* Participates in pertinent committees and task forces.
* Contributes to research studies related to wound, ostomy, and continence care when feasible and incorporates current research into practice.
* Works with informatics to make sure documentation tools are updated to reflect current practices and compliance standards.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
* A minimum of two years of recent clinical nursing experience with wound care/ostomy preferred or two years of medical-surgical experience required.
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida.
* Certified Wound, Ostomy, Nurse (CWOCN) or equivalent within one year of hire or WOC program letter of acceptance.
* Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nursing
- Financial Management