Description Job Description:
Our team within the Integrated Missions Operation support Group at Leidos, in support of the United States Antarctic Program (USAP), currently has an opening for an Information Assurance Security Analyst in Centennial, Colorado.
The Information Assurance Security Analyst is a member of the Leidos – Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) Information Security (InfoSec) team responsible for applying cybersecurity principles and best practices to proactively protect and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, of USAP data, information systems, and enterprise network. Personnel in this position must have an elevated level of trust, with access to sensitive and private information, which must be handled with integrity and respect in accordance with USAP policies and procedures.
The Information Assurance Security Analyst will be responsible for coordination, oversight, execution and enhancement of consistent security practices for all information systems within the USAP. The Information Assurance Security Analyst will ensure effective information security controls are documented and delivered to safeguard USAP business operations, prevent unauthorized system access, and to protect sensitive information.
This position delivers analysis and assessment of compliance with security and privacy laws, regulations, guidance, and direction, including the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA); National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidance; Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS); applicable Office of Management and Budget (OMB) memoranda; National Science Foundation (NSF); and United States Antarctic Program (USAP) policies and instructions.
Provides support for all security compliance initiatives, such as:
- Manages and maintains configuration control over Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) and Certification & Accreditation (C&A) packages.
- Identifies and documents applicable security controls in accordance with NIST SP 800-53 rev 4, Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations, and NIST SP 800-37, Risk Management Framework.
- Conducts and documents security assessments to determine the effectives and compliance of planned and implemented security controls.
- Evaluates proposed changes to the operational/ business systems and develops system security requirements for new services and proposed changes.
- Organizes and facilitates contingency planning exercises.
- Manages and responds to audit requests and creation of deliverables.
- Performs systems security evaluations, audits, and server logging reviews to verify secure operations.
- Conducts continuous security reviews, recommends mitigations and corrective actions.
- Supports Incident Response activities to mitigate damage, determine impact, and implement corrective actions.
- Coordinates with Security Engineers and IT Operations teams to update and maintain the Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), Acceptance of Risk (AOR) and other required security documentation.
- Manages and maintains information security awareness and training program.
- Develops and information security reports for statekholders, customers and management based on Information Security operational metrics, security assessments and security reviews.
- Researches emerging security technologies.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in a technology related field) and 5 years' relevant experience. Additional years of experience and relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Current Information Security certification(s) (e.g. CISM, CISSP, CISA, Security+).
- Current general IT certification(s): (e.g., MCSE, RHCE, CCNA).
- Experience in system vulnerability assessments and developing certification and accreditation packages.
- Experience with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Familiar with Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Tools.
- Understanding and application of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Experience managing and working within a project management framework.
- Proficient in validating baseline security configurations and policies (e.g., DISA, CIS Benchmarks).
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking / OSI model.
The candidate must also have familiarity with the following technologies:
- Patch and vulnerability management tools
- Network routing and segmentation
- Microsoft Windows
- Active Directory Infrastructure
- Group Policy
- Antimalware tools
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Packet Capturing
- Virtual Infrastructure
- Backup Technologies
- Cloud services (Azure, AWS, O365)
Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.External Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
YesClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Information Assurance Security Analyst.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Information Assurance Security Analyst.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Information Assurance Security Analyst.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Federal Information Security Management Act
Federal Information Processing Standards (Fips)