To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
37 Sunset Inn Road
Lafayette Township, NJ 07848
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SUNRISE HOUSE Registered Nurse (RN)
American Addiction Centers • Lafayette Township, NJ
Posted 2 months ago
Registered Nurse (RN) at Sunrise House has a primary function to promote and restore patients' health by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians, and providing physical and psychological support to clients and families.
Reports To: Director of NursingResponsibilities
- Calls the appropriate team member (physician on call) with all non-life threatening medical and medication issues to obtain guidance regarding his plan of action for the client. In the event of a life threatening emergency, all staff members are authorized to contact emergency services by dialing 911.
- Identifies client care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements Treatment Plans as appropriate.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to clients and families.
- Promotes client's independence by establishing client care goals, teaching client to understand condition, medications and self-care requirements; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against client care goals and standards; performing nursing functions, vital signs, bed checks, making or recommending necessary adjustments; following philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves client problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Communicates patient information to medical and clinical staff.
- Collects information on the patients being admitted and completes the admission process in the EMR.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects clients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in client EMR and department records.
- Completes patient Progress notes each shift.
- Administers medications as per physician orders.
- Maintains continuity among teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains nursing supplies and medication inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders for supplies.
- Adheres to infection control policies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care team by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem solving methods.
- Follows Sunrise House Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates detox bed count information to the Admission department.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Current RN License in in State of operations required.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Knowledge of addiction and drug treatment preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years clean and sober.
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability discrimination laws.