To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dover, DE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Edgewell Personal Care • Dover, DE
Posted 10 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are a global team of 6000 visionaries, doers, and makers. Our portfolio of over 25 brands touches lives in more than 50 countries. Together, we reimagine good mornings and endless summers, beauty and bonding, confidence and determination.
The Facilities Manager role manages the Dover facilities maintenance department to safely maintain and continuously improve plant infrastructure and the overall facility. Develops and implements sustainability and energy reduction intiatives and ensures compliance to all applicable quality and regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership, direction and oversight for the overall maintenance of plant support systems, buildings and yards. Develop maintenance plans to minimize reactive maintenance and increase overall effectiveness of planned work.
- Develop and drive building structural maintenance and construction, roof upgrade and repair, contract cleaning services, cafeteria services, snow removal, paving, landscape services and other services related to the Dover site and buildings.
- Initiates and completes cost reduction projects and frequently seeks to reduce costs for all external services within areas of responsibility.
- Leads Weather Emergency Response Team and participates on Incident Command Teams as needed as either a team leader or contributing team member.
- Develop and oversee departmental budgets and mange to meet targeted fiscal goals.
- Responsible for managing plant shutdown activities.
- Provide direction and oversight for the facility’s energy management and overall sustainability efforts.
- Train and develop colleagues in the facilities maintenance department.
- Administer management policies and decisions and provide recommendations for hiring and discharging colleagues. Rates the performance of all direct reports and recommends salary adjustments.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil)
- Minimum of 10 years experience in similar maintenance or engineering leadership roles in a manufacturing environment (preferably as a Plant Engineer or Facilities Engineer).
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prior experience with major building support equipment installations including start up, de-bug and validation execution.
- Good communications skills – must be able to develop specifications, proposals, RFP’s and presentations and communicate effectively within the organization, both laterally and vertically.
- Working knowledge of “AutoCAD” or equivalent CAD system, MS Project, and MS Office.
- Results oriented individual unafraid of utilizing a hands-on approach when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams as either a contributor or a leader.
- Ability to analyze, design, plan and manage equipment installations.
- Ability to function as a collaborating team member in a business environment representing area of discipline on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams
- A solution orientated professional with the ability to execute multiple tasks required to meet project objectives
- Skill to maintain an up-to-date, current scientific knowledge base of most recent developments in area assigned.
- Communicates effectively intra and interdepartmentally to meet project objectives.
Desirable Education, Skills and Experience
- An MS and/or highly qualified BS individuals may be considered
- Inquisitive personality and willingness to work outside of their comfort zone
- Proven ability to lead teams
Environmental, Health and Safety Responsibilities (if applicable)
- Be aware of and follow the Environmental Policy and EH&S work instructions/procedures that apply to the job.
- Perform every job safely, for the benefit of self, co-workers, contractors, and for the protection of facilities. This includes the use of required personal protective equipment and use of safety equipment as well as safe work practices.
- Immediately report every job related injury or illness, regardless of severity.
- Assist in investigating incidents as directed.
- Take necessary actions to correct or stop any unsafe conditions or practices.
- Actively participate in safety meetings and training.
Quality Assurance Responsibilities (If applicable)
- Colleagues are responsible for their own quality and that of colleagues within their span of control.
- Colleagues are responsible to follow all established Quality procedures and instructions.
- Reports to Manager, Sr. Manager, or Director.
- Key relationships internally may include:
- Professional and technical staff in the Department.
- Product Development and Innovation Teams.
- All RD&E, Marketing, Program Management, Legal Staff
- Quality Assurance and Manufacturing
- Key External relationships will include:
- Up to 10% travel may be required, as needed for projects or training.
- The position will be stationed in an office environment, however, it is expected that time will be spent on the manufacturing floor.
- There may be some exposure to conditions that require specialized training and the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.