Banking Credit AnalystCompensation:
$60000.00 to $75000.00 yearly
CREDIT ANALYST/UNDERWRITER - Growing, Locally Owned and Operated Bank - REMOTE POSITION!
My client, a locally owned and operated financial institution in north Georgia, is searching for a Credit Analyst to join their team for an immediate, direct-hire opportunity. The Credit Analyst will be responsible for managing loan risk by gathering and analyzing credit information on current and potential borrowers; underwriting loans, and determining the advisability of granting credit for diversified types of loans and preparing credit approval memorandums. The Credit Analyst is responsible for the underwriting process for small business loans, commercial loans, and loan reviews as assigned. This is a remote position and is an excellent opportunity for someone with 3+ years experience in Credit Analysis and Underwriting.
What You'll Get To Do Every Day:
- Underwrite financing requests for small business and commercial loans utilizing company policies and procedure guidelines.
- Communicate with lenders and loan operations to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Request additional information as needed to ensure quality and complete information is presented in loan memorandum.
- Analyze financial statements, tax returns, and other financial and/or project information.
- Determine the most appropriate loan structure based on terms, purpose, collateral, etc. for new requests and renewals of existing loans to best benefit the borrower in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Upon receipt and review of appraisals, environmental assessments, market analysis reports, etc., transfer necessary and complete data from the reports to the appropriate loan memorandum section(s).
- Perform quality control check of data to ensure information is correct.
- Participate in the risk management of the loan portfolio through specific responsibilities including loan reviews, trend analysis, and credit quality to identify credit issues as dictated by company policies and procedures.
- Assist the Chief Credit Officer and Senior Credit Officer with management of loan portfolio as needed.
- Understand the collection culture and assist when needed and appropriate on past due and problem loans.
- Attend meetings, educational and marketing events and programs, as requested by Management, including special events, as needed.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, accounting, economics or related area of study.
- 3+ years directly related work experience at a bank, economic development organization, or Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
- 3+ years in credit analysis and underwriting.
- Working knowledge of commercial banking regulations, bank products, services, policies and procedures, financial analysis, and principles of commercial and consumer credit.
- Understanding of accounting principles, financial and tax return analysis, and experience working with various types of commercial loans, including SBA and other government guaranteed loan programs.
- Possess solid analytical skills in financial statements and tax return analysis, interviewing and probing skills and the proficiency of preparing and presenting credit memorandums.
- Good communication skills both internal and external, including the ability to write clear and concise correspondence.
- Capability to manage various tasks independently and proactively and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient computer skills in using Microsoft Office Applications, CRM Systems, and other technology as needed.
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the necessary qualifications, please submit your formal and confidential resume to Kristen Stough for immediate consideration.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.