Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation's premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence. Description
Responsible for the development and performance of all account manager sales activities and results in assigned market. To grow and develop sales talent to maximize the efforts of each sales team member. Works with managers and sales teams to help provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the market area and gain market share. Must hate losing and looks forward to serving the team they are responsible for leading. Optimistic personality that looks for opportunities to solve problems internally and for clients.
- Works with the local account managers, engineering teams and operation teams to ensure successful practices are followed to grow profitable business in the region
- Responsible for keeping each account manager accountable for follow-up and negotiation practices
- Sets examples for Sales Team Members in areas of personal character, commitment, organization, selling skills, and work habits
- Conducts regular coaching and team meetings to build motivation and customer relationship skills
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction, including and not limited to customer social events and industry events
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- High School Diploma, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Current and valid US driver's license strongly preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience in sales and personnel management
- At least 1 year experience within the technology integration industry or the commercial door and hardware industry required
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with enterprise solutions and large, complex organizations
- Extensive experience in all aspects of market development, roadmap design and implementation
- Strong customer relation skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Extensive experience in all aspects of supplier relationship management
- Working knowledge of enterprise networking, access control and CCTV systems; or doors, hardware, and locks
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Willingness to travel
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May occasionally require business travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling
x2 or by sending an email to [email protected]
- Access Controls
- Customer Relationship Management
- Event Management
- Human Resources