Our Client is a Healthcare Organization seeking a Sr. Project Manager/ Enterprise Project Management.
This position is Remote for Pacific or Mountain Standard Time locations
The Senior Project Manager leads teams to deliver project(s) spanning one or more business units. The Senior Project Manager is a seasoned project management leader with the ability to independently manage resources, schedules, and financials, and adhere to Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) guidance throughout the full project life cycle. This includes managing issues, risks, project schedule creation, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery, as well as contributing to process improvement initiatives as it relates to successful project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager will support a variety of different projects within various departments. Some project/program types may include implementations for revenue products, software or hardware services, internal application, or infrastructure builds, and developing and implementing the people and process components associated with the new technology.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis and to verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case. The Senior Project Manager has the autonomy to make project decisions without escalation to the Senior Director, EPMO and Governance. The Senior Project Manager will be called upon to mentor other Project Managers, cross-functionally across the enterprise or within the ePMO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage multiple projects or program(s) simultaneously as assigned by Senior Director, EPMO and Governance.
• Responsible for the successful delivery of projects and/or programs across the project life cycle.
• Ensure constant monitoring of schedule and budget adherence.
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of all required and needed project documentation, ensuring compliance with Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) standards.
• Identify and mitigate project risks.
• Escalate and resolve issues and obstacles.
• Ensure all required documentation is created and maintained.
• Prepare and update estimates and track budget-related documents.
• Develop project planning documentation for all types of projects (waterfall, iterative, agile, scrum), phases, and deliverables.
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test, and deployment management activities.
• Govern scheduled team deliverables for costs and timing.
• Prepare estimates and detailed project schedule with assistance from project assigned subject matter experts (SMEs) for all phases of the project.
• Analyze and develop change requests, as needed.
• Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes and escalate resource constraints, as needed.
• Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources.
• Chair the project management team and facilitate Steering Committee meetings.
• Ensure interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs are clearly documented within the project schedule and all needed documentation.
• Manage scope and process all project changes through the project change control process.
• Mentor and train Project Managers.
• Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
• Provide performance feedback to the functional managers of team members as needed and/or at the end of the project, as required for successful team management and completion of needed deliverables.
• Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices.
• Conduct interviews for Project Coordinators or Project Managers.
• Provide guidance during the Initiation phase of the project.
• Facilitate training events, as needed.
• Contribute to the Annual Planning cadence.
• Assist with the review process of Off-Cycle project requests.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 5 years of experience as a Project Manager independently leading and managing medium to large projects.
• Experience managing projects within a matrixed environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Project Management, Business Administration) or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the attainment of the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties of the position.
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred.