Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
The Company has been recognized as one of the fastest growing defense technology companies in the world and holds leading market positions in thermal imaging devices, combat display workstations, electronic sensor systems, power systems, rugged computer systems, air combat training systems, mission recorders, deployable flight incident recorders, environmental control systems, telecommunication systems, aircraft loaders, military trailers and shelters, and integrated logistics and support services.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. Leonardo DRS is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry and niche commercial technology areas. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cybersecurity/Information Assurance Engineer.
DRS Land Systems is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS Land Systems has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS Land Systems’ St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location: Saint Louis, MO
DRS Land Systems is seeking a Full Time Cybersecurity Engineer who will lead the execution of the Information Assurance (IA) programs at the St. Louis campus facilities. The IA cybersecurity engineer will provide subject matter expertise to client programs in various Cybersecurity areas, including the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF). This expertise will be in support of tactical systems. The selected candidate will work with other engineering disciplines and use their Information Assurance expertise to create robust technical solutions across multiple technology areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance to Information Assurance A&A process activities and related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, and operational procedures
- Develop architecture deliverables, specific to information security implementations, for operational systems and systems under development
- Evaluate proposed system architectures and designs and provide input to meet required security compliance objectives.
- Perform all necessary procedures to assist with RMF Assessment and Authorization (A&A) across programs.
- Prepare DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) authorization accreditation packages
- Provide engineering support and assistance to Information Assurance A&A test and evaluation activities
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to identify, track, and mitigate customer system vulnerabilities.
- Interface with Internal and External Customers on all IA topics.
- Prepare Statements of Work for external cybersecurity consultants and vendors
- Review work packages from external cybersecurity consultants and vendors
- DoD Secret-level security clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or related field of study
- 8+ years of experience in Information Systems Security, Information Assurance, or Security Engineering
- Thorough understanding and application of DoD, Army, NIST, DISA IA regulations and documentation; DIACAP/RMF and DIACAP/RMF processes.
- Experience with evaluating information assurance compliance of a system against current DIACAP, RMF, and DoD Cybersecurity policies
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
- Ability to act independently, prioritize tasks, and manage to schedule
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes, and be able to author and present subject specific presentations.
- Advanced problem solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with clients.
- Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during client interactions
- Willing to travel up to 10% as necessary
- CISSP or CISM certification
- Experience developing System Security Plans (SSPs) and supporting Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation
- Experience creating, documenting, and getting approval for Security Classification Guides (SCGs)
- Experience with DoD certification and accreditation programs, including developing or analyzing security test and evaluation reports
- Demonstrated performance of an information assurance assessment of a classified software or hardware system in the last 12 months.
- Demonstrated Experience with Unix/Linux and/or Windows operating system administration.
- Demonstrated Experience with Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in working with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- Experience with various information system security assessment/hardening tools such as Nessus, Retina, HP Fortify, etc.
Leonardo DRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Certified Information Security Manager